Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Mascarade» Forums » General

Subject: Sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Artem Safarov
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Check out Unbroken: solo game of survival and revenge.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

Did anyone sleeve the cards for this game?

If so - where did you get the sleeves as the cards are not standard size.

Trying to avoid even slight markings on the backs as it would totally ruin this fun bluffing game.

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday's Magnum Gold sleeves are the correct size for this game, which is what I use. That's all that I'm aware of that's manufactured in this size though.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artem Safarov
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Check out Unbroken: solo game of survival and revenge.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Nichols
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Swan Panasia has sleeves as well, thick and thin, though they are both out of stock/pre-order at the moment. I bought a pack of the thin and they are good quality and fit well. Would have preferred the thick but have never actually seen these in stock.

Thin
http://swanpanasiasleeves.com/swan-card-sleeves-80x122-mm-di...

Thick
http://swanpanasiasleeves.com/premium-sleeves/swan-prem-card...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
I wouldn't buy from SwanPanAsia. I believe the distribution is handled by Mayday. I ordered those exact sleeves back in late May or early June with an expected June restock. Today is August 1 and I still haven't received anything. Been trying to cancel for 10 days and I haven't heard anything back.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artem Safarov
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Check out Unbroken: solo game of survival and revenge.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, William, much appreciated.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wwnick wrote:
Swan Panasia has sleeves as well, thick and thin, though they are both out of stock/pre-order at the moment. I bought a pack of the thin and they are good quality and fit well. Would have preferred the thick but have never actually seen these in stock.

Thick
http://swanpanasiasleeves.com/premium-sleeves/swan-prem-card...


I too bought the Swan Panasia thin sleeves since it was all that was available and they were better than nothing at the time. I sold the remainder of my surplus thin sleeves 20 for $1.35 shipped in a 1st class envelope. This covered postage, Paypal fees, ~cost of the sleeves, and hassle tax. Believe me it was not a money making proposition.

Since then the Swan Panasia Thick Sleeves were restocked so I bought 4 packs for my cards and my friends who also had the game.
These are by far the best fitting, thickest sleeves available for Mascarade that are available.

I initially offered the same deal on the thicker surplus sleeves. However, due to excessive weight and thickness, postage was much higher. Using a postage scale, I found I can offer 16 thick sleeves for $2.00 or 20 for $2.35. Sleeves are now $0.10 each regardless of quantity plus actual postage.

Keep in mind the Mascarade Expansion will be available at GenCon 2014 and these sleeves will be in demand and I will likely sell out again.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CapnYB wrote:
wwnick wrote:
Swan Panasia has sleeves as well, thick and thin, though they are both out of stock/pre-order at the moment. I bought a pack of the thin and they are good quality and fit well. Would have preferred the thick but have never actually seen these in stock.

Thick
http://swanpanasiasleeves.com/premium-sleeves/swan-prem-card...


I too bought the Swan Panasia thin sleeves since it was all that was available and they were better than nothing at the time. I sold the remainder of my surplus thin sleeves 20 for $1.35 shipped in a 1st class envelope. This covered postage, Paypal fees, ~cost of the sleeves, and hassle tax. Believe me it was not a money making proposition.

Since then the Swan Panasia Thick Sleeves were restocked so I bought 4 packs for my cards and my friends who also had the game.
These are by far the best fitting, thickest sleeves available for Mascarade that are available.

I initially offered the same deal on the thicker surplus sleeves. However, due to excessive weight and thickness, postage was much higher. Using a postage scale, I found I can offer 16 thick sleeves for $2.00 or 20 for $2.35.

Keep in mind the Mascarade Expansion will be available at GenCon 2014 and these sleeves will be in demand and I will likely sell out again.


Do you still have some available? I guess I'll PM you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M K
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slight bump, afaik the mascarade cards are the same size as dixit - I think those are easier to find.

as for swan panasia, if they have a booth at a con grab the sleeves there, they usually have much more sleeves than they list on their website (which is highly annoying): talisman/eldritch horror/descent 2e char sheets for example...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artem Safarov
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Check out Unbroken: solo game of survival and revenge.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up getting the Mayday Games sleeves for 80 x 120 mm at a local game store - worked beautifully.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Moore
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Took this to a game night last week and I can definitely understand why sleeving is a good idea. I'm thinking about picking up a pack of the Mayday Magnum Golds (standard, not premium) and thought I'd see if anyone would be interested in buying the leftover sleeves, since it's a pack of 100 and I'll only need a quarter of those to sleeve the base game and expansion.

I mean, I guess the alternative is I buy a couple more packs and sleeve all my Dixit cards too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KingRob wrote:
I'm thinking about picking up a pack of the Mayday Magnum Golds (standard, not premium)

Don't buy the standard sleeves, invest in the premium ones, you'll thank yourself later.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Moore
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the premium ones seem to be three times as expensive AND out of stock. Really all I want to do is protect the edges on the cards from fraying and keep grease stains off of them, which any sleeve should do regardless of quality.
But I guess I'll revise my previous statement: I am willing to buy a pack of sleeves for this game. If somebody out there has a preference for premium or not, I will split the cost with them regardless.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KingRob wrote:
I am willing to buy a pack of sleeves for this game. If somebody out there has a preference for premium or not, I will split the cost with them regardless.


That is exactly what I did and I have ample remainder quantities of the thick sleeves from Swan Panasia. If you want them see my earlier post in this thread and PM me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugues Richard
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
What matters in life is not the triumph nor the struggle but the triumph by tie breaker.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CapnYB wrote:
KingRob wrote:
I am willing to buy a pack of sleeves for this game. If somebody out there has a preference for premium or not, I will split the cost with them regardless.


That is exactly what I did and I have ample remainder quantities of the thick sleeves from Swan Panasia. If you want them see my earlier post in this thread and PM me.


Received your sleeves earlier this week, thx Capn! thumbsup
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Swan PanAsia Premium sleeves (SWN-514)(80 x 122mm) have been extremely difficult to get.

After talking with MayDay Games about the shortage of these particular sleeves at GenCon this year, I decided to order a full case of the Swan PanAsia Premium sleeves (SWN-514)(80 x 122mm). It has taken a few months to process and ship them from overseas but they have finally arrived.

Anyone interested in some PM me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M K
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CapnYB wrote:
The Swan PanAsia Premium sleeves (SWN-514)(80 x 122mm) have been extremely difficult to get.



mayday has own sleeves in that size tho: https://maydaygames.com/magnum-ultra-fit-dixit-card-sleeves-...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
legray wrote:
CapnYB wrote:
The Swan PanAsia Premium sleeves (SWN-514)(80 x 122mm) have been extremely difficult to get.



mayday has own sleeves in that size tho: https://maydaygames.com/magnum-ultra-fit-dixit-card-sleeves-...


Yes they do, and they are susceptible to the typical Mayday size variation issue. Besides they are currently OUT OF STOCK.

I can highly recommend their Black Back, Magnum Ultra-Fit "Dixit" Card Sleeves (80x120mm) sleeves. They are high quality and can mask existing card wear. However, they'll cost you $6/Pack for 50 sleeves + S&H.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.