Subject: Pass, hand off, blitzing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey
I just got the IOS version of the game and have a few questions. I have never played irl but pretty many games on the Nintendo DS.

All my queston is about what the real rules say. I have read the rulebook many years ago, but dont have it at the moment.

If i start to blitz, pick up the ball while blitzing and makes a block, can I then pass/hand off the ball to another player?
(In the DS I rimember I could do that but in the iOS version I cant.

Another question: If I pick upp the ball and moves, If I want to throw/ hand off the ball I need to do it before I activate another character right?
(In the app, you can move other units in beteende wich seems weird, dont think that was in the DS version)

Last question (for now )
I can I pass/ hand off the ball one time during my turn right?
In the new app You can run with the ball, hand it over to another character then he can run with it and pass it to another character, ( this I dont recognise from The DS version either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hartman
United States
Battle Ground
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
no, a blitzer may pick up the ball but not pass or hand off. those are separate actions that are declared.

second question refers to sequence of moves. all of one player's action/move should be completed before moving any other player.

you can make 1 pass AND 1 handoff in your turn.

hope that helps.
cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the app has one thing wrong then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:
If i start to blitz, pick up the ball while blitzing and makes a block, can I then pass/hand off the ball to another player?
(In the DS I rimember I could do that but in the iOS version I cant.

Do you remember which rule version the DS version was based on? Because back in 3rd edition, hand-off was a "free action" you could do once during even another player's move. So Player A Blitzes, picks up the ball, moves and does hand-off to Player B (or B could also start his turn, move, receive hand-off and continue his turn).

Quote:
I can I pass/ hand off the ball one time during my turn right?
In the new app You can run with the ball, hand it over to another character then he can run with it and pass it to another character, ( this I dont recognise from The DS version either.

As long as the first player, the one who did the hand-off, ends his turn after the hand-off, the receiving player can then do a Pass action for his turn. It is quite possible to chain together a carry and a pass to shorten the necessary distance of a Pass action (WE/Skaven moving 7, then hand-off, player doing Pass action could move another 7 before making the Pass, you can get the ball all the way from your own end zone to Short Pass range for a TD).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. M
Portugal
Porto
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume your questions are already answered Viktor, but still, if you want to get your hands in the rulebook (pdf), cyanide hosted it here (not sure for how long, but so far it's there):

http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/files/BB_LRB6.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.