Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Europe, c. 450 A.D. Barbarians are running amok, raiding villages for women (rapine), weapons (pillage) and gold (plunder). Will your tribe reign supreme in this savage contest for survival?

Game play alternates between the players. On your turn, you have a choice of three actions:

Rapine, pillage or plunder (RPP)
Move
Discard a card

The cards serve the three above purposes. Most of the time, players will move to villages and perform RPP. Sometimes, however, when a barbarian tribe gets a little cocky, a battle will occur between the players. These are settled smoothly using the symbols on the cards in hand, and rest assured--tribute will be paid by the loser!

I designed Rapine, Pillage & Plunder because I feel there's a dearth of fun, light, yet not-too-simple two-player games. I believe that this game helps fill that void. (Publishers take note). It's aimed at casual gamers but has enough in the way of tactics and tough choices to appeal to more seasoned gamers, as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik R.
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asfhgwt wrote:

I designed Rapine, Pillage & Plunder because I feel there's a dearth of fun, light, yet not-too-simple two-player games.

I'm not really feeling that the name sells it as "fun and light".

"Rapine" is also not a very commonly used word, and looks like a side-step for putting "Raping" on the box (but it's probably what everyone is thinking anyway).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Juku
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, pretty much not going to play a game with my wife that has "rapine" in the title.

Edit: I know it's not the other word that it sounds like, but it's going to be too much effort to explain that, and I don't think she'd completely buy into it anyway.

I'm sorry, it's just too obscure a word, and too close phonetically to be able to sit down with anybody and play it (I think).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghoest McLellan
Canada
flag msg tools
No means no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.