Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Fields of Fire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are enemy squads that are replaced by LATs put back in the force pool? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Radic
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi all,
For example, say a particular enemy squad is hit, and the squad counter is replaced with a casualty and two fire teams. Does the original squad counter go "back in the cup", available to be placed again when resolving any future PCs (this is how I've been playing it), or is it set aside and no longer available?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hobbs
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played the latter; once that unit is gone, it's gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cidarr wrote:
Hi all,
For example, say a particular enemy squad is hit, and the squad counter is replaced with a casualty and two fire teams. Does the original squad counter go "back in the cup", available to be placed again when resolving any future PCs (this is how I've been playing it), or is it set aside and no longer available?

Thanks!

They are available for reuse. I can add some clarifying language in the rules. The biggest issue is when you have different types of squads that are drawn randomly, putting them back in the cup can skew the distribution. In that case I would recommend setting them aside and then if the cup is empty then refill from the dead pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Radic
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you both for your replies and clarification, much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.