Caylus» Forums » General

Subject: Extra piece??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Aasted
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, I spend Geek Gold on useless things like this.
badge
Gloria: [to Robot] I'm just scared I'll come home one day and find you screwing a toaster.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received Caylus 2nd edition today. Some of the building pieces were already falling out before I had a chance to punch them out. I decided to take count and it looks like I have an extra piece. I'm not sure if it's an extra and if so which piece is the extra one? After matching all the pieces and so forth the one I think it is would be a stone piece with the building plans on it. So my question is should I have two of these or is one extra?

I feel bad for the guy/girl who gets their copy and is missing the piece that I have extra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Prysock
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, you have the right number of pieces. Rio Grande included the extra bonus tile in with their 2nd edition packaging. The two duplicate tiles you mentioned were part of the original tile mix. You can see which tile is the bonus tile at the Ystari website: http://www.ystari.com/caylus/eindex.php

(Sorry, I forget the "official" names of the tiles off the top of my head. I'm sure someone will follow up with the right names for the tiles.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
The extra tile is the Jeweller.

(Convert 1 gold = 5 points, 2 gold = 9 points)

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Aasted
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, I spend Geek Gold on useless things like this.
badge
Gloria: [to Robot] I'm just scared I'll come home one day and find you screwing a toaster.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone. It's good to know it's all there and correct.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Doty
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this thread Mark. I was curious about the extra Architect piece in my set of Caylus as well. I didn't realise that it was an intended bonus, since it is not mentioned anywhere in the rules or on the box...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hartstein
United States
North Plainfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The extra Architect isn't the bonus, Aaron. There were always two. The Jeweller is the bonus.

By the way, for people who have trouble remembering the official names of the buildings, they're written in the background (in a number of languages) on the tile. It's really cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkEA wrote:
After matching all the pieces and so forth the one I think it is would be a stone piece with the building plans on it. So my question is should I have two of these or is one extra?

I think you're talking about the Architect, and you should have two.

Here's an inventory of pieces in these two pictures.

Sheet#2 (See top row; click to enlarge)

Sheet#1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.