Thumb up
1 Posts

Ra» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Tie for suntile lead, tie for lowest suntiles, tie for score rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norbert Chan
flag msg tools
Wow, so this is what you get for 100 pieces of gold.
Players: Ken Noble, Rob Doupe, Don Smith, Jean Jodoin, Norbert

Ken had mentioned he had bought the new version from Uberplay after playing it once with us. In the first epoch, I got 3 unique civilization tiles, 3 rivers and a flood, two monuments and no pharohs. So despite losing 2 pts for having the lowest number of pharohs, I did net 7 VPs. Don was the one with the most pharohs.

In the second epoch, I got myself up to 7 unique monuments, with Don and Rob sharing the pharoh lead.

In the third epoch, there were 7 civilization tiles left for 5 people (I was counting them carefully in this game). When a civilization tile showed up, and the 16 sun tile was also up for auction, I invoked Ra, and paid my 9 sun tile to win the bid.So with the 16 sun tile in my back pocket, I thought I was in cruise control. I later spent my 12 sun tile to get me my 8th unique monument, thinking that I would not be in last place in sun tiles. We then counted scores with sun tiles. Don and Rob were tied in the lead, while Jean and I were tied for worst! So Jean and I surrendered 5 VPs, while Don and Rob gained 5 VPs each.

Norbert 44 (16-7-1 sun tiles)
Don 44 (15-11-3 sun tiles)
Rob 39 (14-9-6 sun tiles)
Jean 38 (12-10-2 sun tiles)
Ken 15 (13-8-4 sun tiles)

Considering in a five player game, the inital sun tiles are distributed as 16-7-2, 15-8-3, 14-9-4, 13-10-5, 12-11-6, we ended up fairly close to that distribution. However, with a tie score, we had to go to a tiebreaker. It turns out it was the person with the highest sun tile, and since I had the '16', it meant I squeaked out a victory. Considering I had the lowest sum of sun tiles (along with Jean) at 24, and the highest sun tile total was 29 (shared by Don and Rob), and Ken was in the middle at 25, it meant that everyone was fairly close in their sun tile totals.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.