Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Few Quick Questions X-89 and Human Flagship rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy Babel
United States
Guymon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
ok since the card says before bombardment does that mean that PDS shield still works against it since that a bombardment wouldn't happen if there is a planetary shield and they are attacking with dreadnaught?

Also does also mean that they have to have some troops to land a ground force in order to use the X-89?

Also the card says to discard all actions cards when you use X-89, if you have no actions cards to discard can you still use that ability?

Finally the Sol flag ship says something along of the lines of "ground forces do not count towards the capacity of this ship" does that basically mean you can have an infinite amount of ground forces on that ship? or does that mean you can have like 3 fighters and 3 ground forces on it at the same time?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Washington Irving
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about X-89.

The Sol Flagship can have an arbitrary number of ground forces + 3 other things that take up capacity (fighters, pds, mech).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BillyBabel wrote:
ok since the card says before bombardment does that mean that PDS shield still works against it since that a bombardment wouldn't happen if there is a planetary shield and they are attacking with dreadnaught?

No, it's been clarified that the "before bombardment" is just about timing, not pre-requisites. In fact, the FAQ addresses this on page 7.

Quote:
Also does also mean that they have to have some troops to land a ground force in order to use the X-89?

I don't think so. I got a ruling from Corey lately that said that if a Diplomat blocks invasion, you can still use X-89, so I would think the same would apply here - you can use X-89 regardless. But I'll try to clarify, as I may have misunderstood his answer. Stand by.

Quote:
Also the card says to discard all actions cards when you use X-89, if you have no actions cards to discard can you still use that ability?

Yes, the FAQ confirms this, too.

Quote:
Finally the Sol flag ship says something along of the lines of "ground forces do not count towards the capacity of this ship" does that basically mean you can have an infinite amount of ground forces on that ship? or does that mean you can have like 3 fighters and 3 ground forces on it at the same time?

On the flagship, ground forces do not take up space, so they could have an infinite amount in theory. Fighters, PDS, and Mechs still take up the regular capacity for the ship though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.