Subject: Scorched earth? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casper Points
Abkhazia
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The main step order on page 7 of the rule book suggests I can use a rolled action BEFORE fielding characters in the main step.

So if I rolled up both 2 heroes, a force beam action and an inner rage action in my roll re roll phase, and my field is empty, but the opposing field is filled with side kicks, is it perfectly legal to, use force beam to blow them all away FIRST while main is still active, THEN pay my costs to field my new characters, then move to attack phase, buff them with inner rage attack with them having "made a hole" so to speak?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Satan Himself
United States
Dead Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
Yes. 100% legal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Points
Abkhazia
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I take it if my opponent had spare unused energy in their pool that could pay for a "Defence buff", global or otherwise, to prevent such a massacre, they could do so BEFORE my force beam takes full effect?

Like the "Stack" rule in magic the gathering?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GHOST FINGER wrote:
I take it if my opponent had spare unused energy in their pool that could pay for a "Defence buff", global or otherwise, to prevent such a massacre, they could do so BEFORE my force beam takes full effect?

Nope, you get to play as many actions, characters, buys, etc, before they have a chance to act.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Cash
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chbyer wrote:
GHOST FINGER wrote:

Nope, you get to play as many actions, characters, buys, etc, before they have a chance to act.

There is one exception. If the opponent had the energy and Vibranium Shield was in play, they could use its global to prevent 1 damage to a character or player. Admittedly, this is a very singular circumstance though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Points
Abkhazia
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
chbyer wrote:
GHOST FINGER wrote:

Huh? Page 8 of the rules says the defending player CAN use globals and actions and even though they do go second when players ASSIGN them, the "damage" that may come from the attackers first chance to assign actions and globals, does NOT go through until AFTER both players have set up their actions and globals.

So...
Attacker declares globals/actions but does no damage yet.
Defender declares globals/actions but does no damage yet.

THEN, when the defender has finished all final declarations of Action and Global use, THEN the attack step finally moves on to simultaneous mutual damage where all actions/globals on both sides happen AT ONCE.

Am I reading it wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Szpyra
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, thst only works if you're playing the casusl game....which no one does. Page 22 shows tournament ruleset which includes the 'Active player does all of his stuff first' rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Satan Himself
United States
Dead Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
Strangely the casual rules have more depth in that regard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.