Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am seeing the edges on my game pieces flip up and that bothers me a lot. Has anybody else had this problem? I might have to paint the edges at some point to help protect them. I haven't seen pieces wear that quickly in any other game.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giancarlo Amente
United States
Saint Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
...because if I can't win, you can't either! :)
badge
OH...OH...OH....OH...OVERTEXT!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just opened my copy from CSI and two of the board tiles are already pulling up on the corners. I glued them back down but that does have me worried. Hopefully it holds up to regular use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wright
United States
Grovetown
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have noticed a couple of my counters also coming up on the edge, just thought it was my copy and chalked it up to damage when popping the units out of the cardboard they were cut from.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My game pieces have suffered from this as well. What has worked very well was to slowly run the back side of my fingernail along the edges with medium pressure. This "creases" the edges of game pieces and keeps them firmly planted.

It is frustrating that they are coming up so easily, especially since the artwork is so amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Alvarez
Puerto Rico
Hatillo
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't even have the game, but could a little brush and some glue along the edges help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dale
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlesystems here in the uk are recommending people use brush-on superglue (loctite if I recall correctly) to carefully edge their cardboard terrain pieces. The effect is to harden the exposed cardboard and almost plasticise it.

If you still have the punch-out boards it's worth a try.

I think there's a YouTube video from them on the issue but I'm mobile at the mo so don't have a link sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewmdale wrote:
Battlesystems here in the uk are recommending people use brush-on superglue (loctite if I recall correctly) to carefully edge their cardboard terrain pieces. The effect is to harden the exposed cardboard and almost plasticise it.

If you still have the punch-out boards it's worth a try.

I think there's a YouTube video from them on the issue but I'm mobile at the mo so don't have a link sorry.

Brilliant! Thanks!

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I applied white glue instead to a couple pieces and I am going to stick with that instead. It seems to help quite a bit beefing up the edges. The cost of magic glue really makes it too expensive to apply to the ton of counters and knowing how tragic a stray finger can get with the magic glue, I will stick with the white stuff. I can see the tears rolling down my face with a white patch of missing tank on a MKIV piece.......

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.