Craig Zipse
United States
Jasper
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Built this sucker a couple of years back:

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/czipse/library/Aliens%203D...

What a labor of love, but so worth it! We've had many a good game and finally letting it go at the GenCon auction. It's only the Reactor Room scenario, but a faithful (and detailed) facsimile of the original with regards to layout, etc. That said, everything is essentially custom. No original components are part of the set.

It's tough, but very light being almost entirely foamcore and gator board foamcore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My god it's beautiful. The pictures of it lit are just breathtaking. Who ever ends up with it will own a true work of art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Zipse
United States
Jasper
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! My buddy helped with all the wiring/LED arrangement. We've agreed to make another go at it in a year or so and maybe add some sound into the design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the chance to play on this last year at Gen Con, and wow, it was amazing. Good luck with the auction on this. Whoever gets it is VERY lucky!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Power
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My god, it lights up! That is truly an amazing sight to behold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Seely
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Winner of the C. Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
mbmbmbmbmb
Bond8089 wrote:
I had the chance to play on this last year at Gen Con, and wow, it was amazing. Good luck with the auction on this. Whoever gets it is VERY lucky!

Yeah, I was able to play on this as well at last year's Gen Con. I'm only sorry I didn't realize Craig had brought it to prior Gen Con's as well, as I'd have played every year! Aliens is one of my favorite games of all time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb

This is just Gorgeous! I was thinking of doing a 3D board but this one blows my ideas away... Now I have to rethink my approach to this. So COOL!

Thanks for sharing your Beautiful game board!

Jim P cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Zipse
United States
Jasper
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone. Very kind remarks. I hate letting this sucker go, but I'll make another one! It is a blast to play - pure and simple. I've often wondered who holds the rights to the game. Seems like a great Kickstarter project to breathe life back into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prodos Games currently has the rights to the Alien (and Predator) franchises for boardgames (see Alien vs Predator: The Hunt Begins). They recently kickstarted that boardgame and a miniature table top game. The figures look down right amazing, though I'm holding reservations on the game until I can actually play it.

It is not the same game as the old classic though. It's more along the veins of Space Hulk. This classic, no clue who holds the rights to it, but getting a reprint would be very tricky since you'd have to go through Prodos.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that this whole thing is contained in one massive case is just awesome! No extra stuff to drag around and clutter up. And the lighting is incredible. Hell, you should just kickstart this box, I'd buy one

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That just looks amazing and I would love to play on that. The old minis for the game look even better on that terrain.

I would certainly back any reprint for this game but it would have to be the original design and rules maybe just a little cleaned up. Changing it more than that would be a shame since the game itself is very good.

I can only imagine your emotions auctioning this off. I once had someone offer me a stupid amount of money for my 2 box sets, expansion and the all the minis. They have to pry that stuff form my cold dead hands. GL with the auction i hope it gets a good home it's amazing work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Seely
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Winner of the C. Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
mbmbmbmbmb
bearn wrote:
That just looks amazing and I would love to play on that. The old minis for the game look even better on that terrain.

I would certainly back any reprint for this game but it would have to be the original design and rules maybe just a little cleaned up. Changing it more than that would be a shame since the game itself is very good.

I can only imagine your emotions auctioning this off. I once had someone offer me a stupid amount of money for my 2 box sets, expansion and the all the minis. They have to pry that stuff form my cold dead hands. GL with the auction i hope it gets a good home it's amazing work.

Did you ever paint your minis? I primed mine ages ago but never painted them. I'm at an age now where I could have them commissioned, but I'd be wary of sending them through the mail somewhere since they're so valuable now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No I never painted them even though I played mini games a lot back then. I'm not sure I would want them painted now anyway considering.

It was only on a whim that I bought them from the bargain bin at the store I frequented to replace the stand ups that were getting worn out form play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.