Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Verhelst
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm running a tournament and I want to stream a "feature table" live during the tournament and also have a recording online when I'm done. What's the best site to use to do this (YouTube? Twitch?) and what software do I need (I already have the hardware and a decent knowledge of codecs etc.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Horrible
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Twitch is going to be your best bet for streaming, and you can use the free Open Broadcaster Software to help you stream it. Hidden in Twitch's options is the ability to save/archive your broadcasts on twitch's site so that others can watch them afterwards. You can also set up OBS to save a copy of the video output while you're streaming to later upload to youtube. I'd highly recommend getting this set up in advance and testing it out, especially the sound level and that your output is being saved correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are doing this for the fisr time, maybe start with recording and uploading it? Then you can concentrate on camera position, image and audio quality and whatever and don't need to be concerned with your upload.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.