Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My explorers sealed both of the monster spawns on their tile before the Reaching Tentacles horror event came up: “Teleport explorers to monster spawns.” Since sealed monster spawns count as obstacles, what happens?

A) The explorers are teleported to a passable space next to the closest sealed spawning point.

B) Nothing happens.

(and just to throw it out there, although effects are supposed to be limited to the explorer’s tile: )
C) The explorers are teleported to the nearest unsealed monster spawn on another tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha
Germany
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevin i think it is Option B because when you destroy Monster Spawns you put also a explored Marker on the Monster Spawn. I think when explored Marker are on the Monster Spawns they count no longer as Monster spawns for the Game mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Dundon
England
wakefield
flag msg tools
mb
Hmm.. now I would have opted for option A.. as the monster spawn is sealed and not destroyed.

I'd suggest adding the question to the website card descriptor for official clarification

Mick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha
Germany
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But you put also an explorer Marker on it and later in the Game it can happen that you don't longer know which Monster spawn is a sealed one and which is destroyed. The rules also said Monster spawns with explorer marker count as obstacles.
Primarily i think it is Option B because you also didn't spawn Monsters on Monster spawns with explorer Marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Dundon
England
wakefield
flag msg tools
mb
Good Point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam M
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I would have agreed that it's option A. Being explored or not explored is irrelevant to the fact that they're still monster spawns. For instance, there's a Horror event that says "Refresh Monster Spawns" I'm not entirely sure what that meant, but we took it to mean monster spawns there were sealed are now unsealed. So if it refers to monsters spawns, then i assume they still exist on the board, just as sealed ones. The issue with sealed vs. destroyed is definitely an interesting point though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Dundon
England
wakefield
flag msg tools
mb
Again that's another good point. The question really is about wether the card refers to a span site wether closed/sealed/destroyed. So if the interpretation is a destroyed spawn can be re-opened with a horror event then it should also be available to respawn on or next to.

I'm sure Juraj will clarify on his return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilic
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
'Refresh monster spawn' effect is the exception when it comes to targeting of specific spaces / explored spaces.
It may only affect the monster spawns with explored token on top, so it was redundant to put this condition within the rule text. But yeah, it should definitely be clarified (in event clarifications, and even in the manual (Special effects: Refresh specific space, Map tile spaces: explored space)).

There can be no possible distinction between sealed/destroyed monster spawn - it is under the same name of 'explored space' (explored token on the map tile, obstacle).
(There could be effects depending on the method (sealing/destroying), example: When you seal monster spawn, attack 3 black dice to adjacent units .)

With saying that, the answer is B).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.