BattleLore (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Few rules clarification needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. During first player turn, if both players have 16 points? Who is the winner?

2. All the scenario VP Step, is that possible to gain multiple VP by fulfilling the requirement multiple times?

Example 1: Barrow Mounds of The Gatesman (BLUE)
"Gain 1 VP if a friendly Rune Golem unit occupies a hill hex on your half of the game board."
If I have 2 Rune Golems and each of them is occupying a hill hex. Does that means I will gain 2 VP during VP Step?

Example 2: Staking a Claim (RED)
"Gain 1 VP if friendly units occupy at least 1 of each type of the following terrain: Clear, Forest, Hill"
If I have 6 units, and each on them occupying the 3 terrains twice. Does that means I will gain 2 VP as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game can be ended only after the second player's turn. So the answer is nobody. Play the second players turn. After that the player with most vp wins. In case of tie, play one more turn.

2. You can fulfil these kind of objectives only once per turn. So you can't get more than one point for these. There are objectives like "get one vp for each two forest hexes". With those you can get more than one vp per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
fisha wrote:
Game can be ended only after the second player's turn. So the answer is nobody. Play the second players turn. After that the player with most vp wins. In case of tie, play one more turn.

The check for a winner happens at the beginning of the first player's turn. So I think what the OP is asking is "who wins if it's tied".

The answer is - if there is a tie when you make this check, the game continues; play another round, and check again next round, until one player has more VP than the other at the beginning of the first player's turn.

birdkingz wrote:
2. All the scenario VP Step, is that possible to gain multiple VP by fulfilling the requirement multiple times?

"Gain 1 VP if a friendly Rune Golem unit occupies a hill hex on your half of the game board."
If I have 2 Rune Golems and each of them is occupying a hill hex. Does that means I will gain 2 VP during VP Step?

"Gain 1 VP if friendly units occupy at least 1 of each type of the following terrain: Clear, Forest, Hill"
If I have 6 units, and each on them occupying the 3 terrains twice. Does that means I will gain 2 VP as well?

It depends on the card. If it says "for each", then yes, but generally, it's either a "you met the condition or not". In both the examples here, you can only score the bonus VP once per round.

There are some that say something like "score 1 VP for each XYZ that's true" (I think there's an Uthuk one that says you get 1 for each pair of hills you occupy), but unless it has wording like that to allow for multiple scoring, you can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan King
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Scott Lewis is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
fisha wrote:

The check for a winner happens at the beginning of the first player's turn. So I think what the OP is asking is "who wins if it's tied".

The answer is - if there is a tie when you make this check, the game continues; play another round, and check again next round, until one player has more VP than the other at the beginning of the first player's turn.

birdkingz wrote:

It depends on the card. If it says "for each", then yes, but generally, it's either a "you met the condition or not". In both the examples here, you can only score the bonus VP once per round.

There are some that say something like "score 1 VP for each XYZ that's true" (I think there's an Uthuk one that says you get 1 for each pair of hills you occupy), but unless it has wording like that to allow for multiple scoring, you can't.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.