Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Con in Your Store Vulcan Fleet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Moore
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
The store I play at is running a Con in Your Store Event in the coming weeks. The only stipulations are that we play with ships from The Original Series or older in the canon. Our location also requires faction purity for each ship in order to avoid some really goofy combos. I came up with the following Vulcan list purely for fun.

D'Kyr (26)
Independent Romulan Flagship (10)
Soval (4)
Aft Particle Beam (1)
Sensor Grid (5)

D'Kyr Class (24)
Tavek (2)
Aft Particle Beam (1)

Ti'Mur (20)
Vanik (3)
Combat Vessel Variant (4)
Tractor Beam (0)

Total (100)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cloaked Mines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenn Mikos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Must the captains and upgrades be pre-TNG as well, or is it just the ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Moore
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Everything must be pre-TNG and faction pure. Its the theme of the event. Its mostly just a fun tournament with the Gencon copy of last year's Khan card as the prize. I'm not too worried about winning, just having some fun with this one, so I through this Vulcan fleet together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tsuyoshikentsu wrote:
Cloaked Mines.

Caducus46 wrote:
Our location also requires faction purity for each ship in order to avoid some really goofy combos.

Caducus46 wrote:
The store I play at is running a Con in Your Store Event in the coming weeks. The only stipulations are that we play with ships from The Original Series or older in the canon. Our location also requires faction purity for each ship in order to avoid some really goofy combos. I came up with the following Vulcan list purely for fun.

D'Kyr (26)
Soval (4)
Aft Particle Beam (1)
Sensor Grid (5)

D'Kyr Class (24)
Tavek (2)
Aft Particle Beam (1)

Ti'Mur (20)
Vanik (3)
Tractor Beam (0)

Total (100)

I notice you've chosen to leave out the auxiliary control room. I feel like you could get a little more flexibility out of having that around than the Sensor Grid.

Otherwise, looks fun to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Ryan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zinvictus wrote:
tsuyoshikentsu wrote:
Cloaked Mines.

Caducus46 wrote:
Our location also requires faction purity for each ship in order to avoid some really goofy combos.

Caducus46 wrote:

D'Kyr (26)
Soval (4)
Aft Particle Beam (1)
Sensor Grid (5)

D'Kyr Class (24)
Tavek (2)
Aft Particle Beam (1)

Ti'Mur (20)
Vanik (3)
Tractor Beam (0)

Total (100)

I notice you've chosen to leave out the auxiliary control room. I feel like you could get a little more flexibility out of having that around than the Sensor Grid.

Otherwise, looks fun to me!

Sensor grid will be very good in this Meta. I would expect to see a lot of cloaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Staples
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
I love the ideal, having three ships with a 180' firing arc in this themed op is amazing, you'll hit anything and everything then using the sensor grid to force cloaked ships out of cloak for target locks yummys! I'd just figure out a way to get some plasma torps though. Oh well solid list build and pretty much how I would build it as well! Thumbs up from me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.