Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduardo Cominguez
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, returning to the game, we were having issues to use Lambda properly.

Any advice would be great, the idea is to fight 2 x wings, an A wing, an Y wing.

As far as I understood the rules, the Lambda does not shoot from rear? Am I right, the model seems to have canons there, but we couldn't find (we, my kids and me) some rule that says that lambda fight 380 degrees.

Thank you, and please ask me for more info if you need more data to help me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So... There isn't any but the primary firing arc on a Lambda. It's not like a Firespray. Look at the lines drawn on the base for the answer.

380 is... just a lot of degrees. No ship fires with that.

Lambda is not a turret ship like the YT-1300.

For list advice: What do you have on the Lambda? What ships with him?

EDIT: Don't worry about what the model looks like or what you or anyone thinks makes sense from the movies, etc. Go by the rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two very common configurations for the Lambda:

"Doom Shuttle" - 24 points
Omicron Group Pilot
Darth Vader (crew)

The Doom Shuttle stays back a bit, then as soon as Darth Vader's ability can really hurt stuff, it starts damaging itself in order to kill it off or dish out critical damage. You can add an Engine Upgrade for better maneuverability - personally, I rarely ever fly Lambdas without Engine Upgrade.

"Buzzsaw Shuttle" - 32 points
Omicron Group Pilot
Fire-Control System
Gunner
Engine Upgrade

Add Tactician for good measure if you have the points. The Buzzsaw Shuttle shoots, almost hopes that it misses, gets a target lock from FCS, then shoots again because of the Gunner and spends its target lock for a better attack (because it gets a new one again immediately after the second attack). This results in repeat strong attacks, and the Engine Upgrade makes sure that it can fly around a lot.

Essentially, the big weakness of the Lambda Shuttle is its bad dial, and the Engine Upgrade gets around that.

There's actually an article about the Lambda published by FFG, too:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4699
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Olivier
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the guns on the model are representations of the Anti-pursuit Lasers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Cominguez
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jude007 wrote:
I think the guns on the model are representations of the Anti-pursuit Lasers

Yes!, we would like to use them :-). Thank you all for your answers and for the link of the article. I will let you know after I ask my kid, the composition of the Imperial team.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Cominguez
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:

Essentially, the big weakness of the Lambda Shuttle is its bad dial, and the Engine Upgrade gets around that.

There's actually an article about the Lambda published by FFG, too:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4699

I couldn't find the Engine Upgrade?, it does not come with the Lambda!. Where did you get it?. It seems that is the big difference.

Thank you.
Eduardo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ecominguez wrote:
[q="haslo"]
I couldn't find the Engine Upgrade?, it does not come with the Lambda!. Where did you get it?. It seems that is the big difference.

The Engine Upgrade is available in the Millenium Falcon expansion. If you are only playing at home with your kid (i.e. you are not playing in a game store tournament) then you can just print the card out as a proxy, or you can use a squad builder to print your list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Cominguez
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rraahk wrote:
ecominguez wrote:
[q="haslo"]

The Engine Upgrade is available in the Millenium Falcon expansion. If you are only playing at home with your kid (i.e. you are not playing in a game store tournament) then you can just print the card out as a proxy, or you can use a squad builder to print your list.

Perfect!, thank you... I have 1 more little question... I think that I know the answer, but just in case...

Can I have Dart Vader in the Tie Advanced (through the card of the Tie Advance Dart Vader) and in the same imperial side, the lambda with the card Dart Vader?, I mean... can Dart Vader be in two places at the same time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ecominguez wrote:

Can I have Dart Vader in the Tie Advanced (through the card of the Tie Advance Dart Vader) and in the same imperial side, the lambda with the card Dart Vader?, I mean... can Dart Vader be in two places at the same time?

No, the cards are unique. A card name with a little dot to the right of the name cannot be two places on the same side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Graffam
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a fun way to use a Lambda Shuttle:

Colonel Jendon + Weapons Engineer

This ship will hand out lots of target locks to friendly ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DagobahDave wrote:
Here's a fun way to use a Lambda Shuttle:

Colonel Jendon + Weapons Engineer

This ship will hand out lots of target locks to friendly ships.

Add ST-321 for that for some *real* fun.

Ship doesn't have to be anywhere NEAR the enemy. Every turn, it can lock onto two targets anywhere on the board.

Pair that with Colonel Vessery (if he is shooting at a ship that *someone* has a target lock on, he immediately gets a free target lock on it after rolling dice and before he'd have to spend the TL for a reroll) to give some nice long-range 'action' support to that TIE Defender as a flanker - and you can keep another TIE Interceptor (or something) near to you for Jendon's handoff ability so it has a TL to help defend you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you can see shuttles flown very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFQIrl0YWjo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Stone is the name and Art is my game!
badge
What number are we thinking of? 69!
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran 3 shuttles, all with boost at imdaar alpha, they weren't terrible, just not that good. Ran 2 bounty hunters and one shuttle in the next months tournament and took second place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Cominguez
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rraahk wrote:
ecominguez wrote:

No, the cards are unique. A card name with a little dot to the right of the name cannot be two places on the same side.

No Paul, English is not my language, so sorry I asked the question in the wrong way.

My question was not about the same card... one card is the one that come with the tie advanced 'Dart Vader', the other card is the one that come with the lambda, but not as a pilot.

Thank you.
Eduardo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Cominguez
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:

Pair that with Colonel Vessery (if he is shooting at a ship that *someone* has a target lock on, he immediately gets a free target lock on it after rolling dice and before he'd have to spend the TL for a reroll) to give some nice long-range 'action' support to that TIE Defender as a flanker - and you can keep another TIE Interceptor (or something) near to you for Jendon's handoff ability so it has a TL to help defend you.

What TL stands for? is it Target Lock?

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Alexander
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ecominguez wrote:
My question was not about the same card... one card is the one that come with the tie advanced 'Dart Vader', the other card is the one that come with the lambda, but not as a pilot.

That is still not legal. Even though they are different card types, they have the same name and they are Unique.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ecominguez wrote:
XanderF wrote:

What TL stands for? is it Target Lock?

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Yeah, TL = target lock.

Nearly as good as focus! Best when paired with it, of course.

And note that the aforementioned Colonel Jendon is not 'allowing a target lock action' to a nearby ship (which wouldn't help the TIE Interceptor in my example at all, as they don't have the TL action) - Jendon is actually PASSING OVER A BLUE TL TOKEN. So with the ST-321 title, he could well lock onto a ship on the opposite end of the map, and hand that lock over to the nearby TIE Interceptor when combat starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
stoneart69 wrote:
I ran 3 shuttles, all with boost at imdaar alpha, they weren't terrible, just not that good. Ran 2 bounty hunters and one shuttle in the next months tournament and took second place.

You know what's more fun than three shuttles?

Four shuttles

4x Omicron with Engine Upgrade = 100 points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Thomas
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
haslo wrote:
stoneart69 wrote:

You know what's more fun than three shuttles?

Four shuttles

4x Omicron with Engine Upgrade = 100 points

That's a lot of Holstein on one board! My four Blue Squadron each with Advanced Sensors was called 5 gallons of ice cream (in that it was too much of a good thing) - this might topple my B's for the over-indulgence award!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.