Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Bouffard
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Houston Beer and Pretzel Wargaming - http://beerandpretzel.webs.com - and the Battleship Texas Foundation are proud to present Texas BROADSIDE! 2014.

This is Houston’s ONLY strictly historical wargame convention, held each year aboard USS TEXAS (BB-35). Come join Texans and wargamers from several other states as we converge on Might “T” and, as with Heat of Battle in New Orleans, play any wargame that encompasses a military action that involved the United States.

We’ll wargame and enjoy lunch aboard ship and listen to history and wargaming lectures, enjoy drinks and dinner Saturday night at the nearby Monument Inn Restaurant, shop aboard at Bobe’s Hobby House (all the way from Pensacola), and for those who desire something different, sleep aboard ship and play open gaming late into the night.

Those who opt to stay overnight will enjoy above and below deck guided tours and breakfast in the morning. All for just $45 per night, pre-registered ($50 per night at onsite registration).

Visit http://txbroadside.com for more information and http://texasbroadside.webs.com/apps/webstore/ for price details and pre-registration options.

We are actively seeking volunteer game masters (GMs). Please contact us at texasbroadside@comcast.net for more information.

Thanks

--Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Andrus

Texas
msg tools
Andy,
We had a wonderful time this past weekend, and will definitely be back again!

Brandon, and the guys from Dallas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim S.
United States
CA, TX
flag msg tools
designer
See designer's page...
badge
"Reading history, Pinky..."
mbmbmbmbmb
My first time attending, and my first time visiting USS Texas!

BB-35 Texas, the last of the Dreadnought-era battleships, is now over 100 years old. From the waterline up, she looks fighting trim, for her 1945 configuration:

...our flag was still there:

Here are some "action shots" (alright, a bit sedentary) from the Dreadnought room, where a new Second World War at Sea double-blind scenario, "Rheinübung II", was played out over the Sunday morning and afternoon sessions. USS Texas was in the OOB!

Admiral Günther Lütjens breaks into his orders packet...

Lütjens, Tovey and Giffen (Giffen I, traded off with Giffen II) consider their moves...

A very enjoyable day of gaming, and a presentation by the TWPD staff on the state of the Texas reconditioning / upkeep to boot.

Thanks Andy!

*face palm* And I completely forgot to use my Texas Broadside tokens!!! Maybe next year (if they carry over).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.