Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: [Lukas] Timing on Nasir/Forced Rezzes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Trundle
msg tools
mb
strundle wrote:
I'm wondering what constitutes "just rezzed" on Nasir. For example, if Nasir makes a run with a Snitch, Blackguard, and a Raymond Flint installed, we get a handful of possibilities:

a) He could expose the ice when Snitch triggers at step 2 of the approach phase.

b) He could expose the ice by trashing Raymond Flint at 2.1 of the approach phase.

c) If the corp declines to rez normally, he could expose the ice by trashing Raymond Flint at 2.3 of the approach phase.

d) With Raymond Flint, he could expose the *next* piece of ice, which he is not currently approaching, during 3.1 of an earlier encounter.

In all of these cases, Blackguard could force the corp to rez out of the "normal" sequence. Would any of these count as "just rezzed" to trigger Nasir's ID ability?

For whatever it's worth, my sense is that d) seems like an obvious no, and c) seems like an obvious yes. But the other two seem open to interpretation, as I can't find anything in the rules/FAQ that references something like Nasir's ability.

Thanks.

Lukas Litzinger wrote:
Thanks for the question. “Just rezzed” refers to anything that has happened at 2 onward.

a. Works.

b. Works.

c. Works.

d. Doesn’t work.

Hope that helps,

Lukas Litzsinger
Game Designer
Fantasy Flight Games

ETA: I asked about the relationship between Nasir/Howler in a follow-up email, but he didn't answer that one (yet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Really glad to see a clear overall rule and then some case-by-case examples. (sometimes we just get the case-by-case thing and have to infer the actual intended rule and it's so frustrating)

Your followup question seems pretty clear. The ICE installed behind Howler is rezzed during the encounter with Howler, which is before step 2 for itself. So Nasir's ability doesn't trigger for that ICE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Trundle
msg tools
mb
InfiniteNutshell wrote:
Your followup question seems pretty clear. The ICE installed behind Howler is rezzed during the encounter with Howler, which is before step 2 for itself. So Nasir's ability doesn't trigger for that ICE.

I agree, and now that the rule is stated clearly it should be a no-brainer. But a few folks were asking specifically about Howler when Nasir was spoiled, so I thought I'd run it by him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a more precise phrasing for the ability may be something like:

Whenever you encounter a piece of ICE that was rezzed during the most recent approach step to this piece of ICE this run, [normal effect]". But that is a bit cumbersome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.