3 Posts

Pocket Football» Forums » Variants

Subject: Different skills rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
greg vaquero
Poland
flag msg tools
This variant enables creation of different teams.
Each player has from 1 to 5 inherent skills of his team.
a weak team - 1 skill, a very strong team - 5 skills
Each player distributes secretly his skills at four field positions before the each half of the game.
For example - 3 skills distribution: 2 skills at front, 1 skill at defense or 1 skill at wing, 1 skill at midfield, 1 skill at forward.
Each inherent skill gives the player the reroll at this position - and only at this position. Used inherent skills are lost, not used skills are lost as well at the end of the half.

In addition, players can substitute one "player" e.g. skill during each half od the game.- from one position to another - but can't do it if they have used all their inherent skills.
Playars cant collect inherent skills and nominate sides of die with them.

Rolling SKILLS - as in Pocket Football Rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamish Sterling
Australia
Cairns
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi Greg - it's so awesome that you're adding some house rules to the game!

Funnily enough....when I first started designing the game I had a separate 'SKILLS' die that you would roll after rolling SKILLS

On this die were different manoeuvres....360 Spin, Step Over....I can't recall the others but they were typical tricks that someone might do when juggling a football....

Anyway...the idea (at that stage) was to add some real flavour to the 'special move'. As it turned out, I left it out of the game as it was an extra dice that didn't serve a specific purpose besides theme.

I will look at another reprint of Pocket Football possibly next year towards 2016...that's a while away but I want to look at Euro 2016 and see if we can get licensed for the event. If that happens, the game will move up a notch!

For now though.....I love the variants! Well done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
greg vaquero
Poland
flag msg tools
I simply love your game
My wife isn't jealous - we play it together.
And she is a winner so far. In penalties.
Best regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.