Warhammer 40,000: Conquest» Forums » General

Subject: Speculating Cycle Length rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, this is just idle thoughts and based on nothing much.

How long should we expect each cycle to be? Have all other LCGs had 6-pack cycles interspersed with Deluxes?

If they do a 6-pack cycle, does that mean they'll include two Warlords (and signature squads) in one of these packs?

Alternatively, what are the odds of 7-pack cycles? Or a 6-pack cycle followed by a deluxe for a faction that got no Warlord during the cycle?

I personally expect the first deluxe will be Space Marines (because, yannow, GW) and we already know that Ragnar Blackmane is in the first pack of the Warlord Cycle, so that last idea is probably a dud. It would also mean a (really) long wait for Necrons and Tyrannids!

Alternatively, perhaps the first deluxe will actually be Necrons/'nids, or maybe even both in one box (though I'm not sure there would be enough variety for either side if they did that).

Anyone care to join in my baseless speculation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
I think 6 pack cycle would be perfect. Though that would mean that we won't see Necrons/Tyranids until next year, which is sad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Malette
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Every other game (except maybe CoC) has been 6 pack cycles. I think they state every faction will be getting a new warlord in this cycle in the first spoiler article.

Most deluxe expansions are around 165 cards which is 3 copies of 55 cards, that could definitely be necrons and tyranids split and quite possibly will be. We would see maybe 20 to 25 for each faction (with some wobble room for signature squads) and then like probably around 8 or 9 neutral cards. That would make for one deck for each side with some wiggle room. This also would follow the method they used for Star Wars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny And The
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Since tyranids and necrons have already been mentioned in the core set rule book, I would be surprised if the first deluxe did not contain them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kaercher
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jets wrote:
Since tyranids and necrons have already been mentioned in the core set rule book, I would be surprised if the first deluxe did not contain them.

It's been confirmed that the first deluxe fill feature at least one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
San Gabriel Valley Southern California
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure that the cycle for this game will be 6 monthly packs followed by a deluxe expansion. Most likely each monthly pack will contain 1 warlord and the last 6th pack will probably contain 2 warlords. Deluxe expansion is still up in the air on what it is going to include.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jets wrote:
I think Multiplayer rules were mentioned in both the Star Wars and Warhammer Invasion books. In those games we had to wait a year, and... I think three years, respectively, for those rules to actually roll out.

Though, as Matt pointed out, we do have confirmation that the first deluxe set will have at least one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StarkeRealm wrote:
Jets wrote:
I think Multiplayer rules were mentioned in both the Star Wars and Warhammer Invasion books. In those games we had to wait a year, and... I think three years, respectively, for those rules to actually roll out.

Though, as Matt pointed out, we do have confirmation that the first deluxe set will have at least one of them.

FFG gets the non-core set factions into the game pretty quickly. They might be slow on multiplayer rules, but factions lag behind in card count if you don't get them into the game pretty early on in its life. I think they learned that lesson the hard way with W:I and CoC, especially when compared to AGoT. Star Wars saw the extra factions added in pretty soon after release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Am I the only one that thinks the deluxe expansions for Necrons and Tyranids will be separate individual packages? Probably with Tyranids first, because everyone is crying murder about their exclusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wolffe wrote:
I am pretty sure that the cycle for this game will be 6 monthly packs followed by a deluxe expansion. Most likely each monthly pack will contain 1 warlord and the last 6th pack will probably contain 2 warlords. Deluxe expansion is still up in the air on what it is going to include.

At a guess...

Each Warlord represents 9 cards out of 60. That leaves 17x3 cards to fill out the pack. Now, 17 is enough for each faction to get two cards and have three cards to split between the other factions and neutrals.

Additionally, if you have two Warlords in a pack, that's still 14x3 cards remaining, so enough for 2 per faction.

In a six pack cycle, that would be 1 Warlord and 12 cards per faction + 15 Neutral cards. Though, obviously, that could trim as low as 1 neutral card in the entire cycle, and 14 cards per faction. 8 Neutrals and 13 per faction would not surprise me, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
StarkeRealm wrote:
Jets wrote:

FFG gets the non-core set factions into the game pretty quickly. They might be slow on multiplayer rules, but factions lag behind in card count if you don't get them into the game pretty early on in its life. I think they learned that lesson the hard way with W:I and CoC, especially when compared to AGoT. Star Wars saw the extra factions added in pretty soon after release.

To be fair, the neutral factions in WHI were always very low count. They each get somewhere around 36 distinct cards by the time FFG closed out the series.

My biggest concern is that the 'Nids and Necrons will be restricted format factions. Also, split between 9 factions the Cycles are going to be really tight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Iglesias
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope cycles are 6 pack each, and a ratio of 1 full cycle per year plus a deluxe expansion.
Maybe the first year we get 2 deluxe so Necrons and Tyranids get into de game soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shkar wrote:
I really hope cycles are 6 pack each, and a ratio of 1 full cycle per year plus a deluxe expansion.
Maybe the first year we get 2 deluxe so Necrons and Tyranids get into de game soon.
The schedule for deluxe sets seems to be 1 every six months... at least, lately. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be normal, and I'm not sure if FFG's really hitting that number... but...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.