Warhammer 40,000: Conquest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Action windows and timing priority during Combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, I'm sure I'm just being an idiot, and I'm sure I read the answer to this in one of the rulebooks but now I can't find it.

Between every 'combat turn' (that is to say, exhausting a ready unit to make an attack or passing if you are unable to do so) there is an Action Window. Presumably both players may take actions during each window, and presumably the player with Initiative (for the combat) gets to act first?

EDIT: Ignore me, I found it again.

Rules p.20 wrote:
When an action window opens, the player with the initiative has the first opportunity to initiate an action, or pass. Opportunities to initiate actions alternate between the players until both players consecutively pass, at which point the action window closes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's interesting to me the things that you take for granted after playing a large number of games, especially from the same design house. To us, this was the presumption (as is witnessed by your question). For a new player, I have no idea what they'd think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
It's interesting to me the things that you take for granted after playing a large number of games, especially from the same design house. To us, this was the presumption (as is witnessed by your question). For a new player, I have no idea what they'd think.

Yeah, I agree. I was making the assumptions based on Netrunner timing priority, but was well prepared to be corrected as I know Netrunner has some unusual timing structures compared to other card games (particularly the lack of you-go-I-go in ability windows).

I'm glad it turned out to be in the book after all and I was just being forgetful; that would have been a massive oversight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.