Hide
8 Posts

Wargames» Forums » AWOL

Subject: What else are you guys up to? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
I have a big Veg and Flower Garden behind my house. My wife is big time into Literacy outreach. We have combined them.

The building in the upper right with blue shutters is the Eden War Room.

Above all, we have a desire to be good neighbors.

There are lots of kids on my street, many who might become future gamers, and plenty of recreation walkers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Brilliant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool. I'm a big fan of those Little Libraries; there is one about 200 yards from us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Science doesn't care what you believe in
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite a bunch of them here in Seattle. Great ways to get people involved with reading and literacy. Little Free Library Web site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Leave an OCS rulebook in there.

Go ahead. I dare you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Movember
mb
I'm still translating Dante. And "St. Paul from the Trenches" is egging me on to translate the non-Pauline epistles from the New Testament. (Not having any Greek, I would use an interlinear.)

http://bibles.wikidot.com/cornish

And today I'm recharging the car's a/c. (YouTube makes it look easy!) If you all hear a big boom...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
J.L.Robert wrote:
Leave an OCS rulebook in there.

Go ahead. I dare you.

Was wondering what kind of Rulebook or Game Magazine to leave behind - maybe a spare game (with the idea I may never get it back) or mag, or maybe a flyer to invite folks to play wargames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Love it Bill! Our local mechanic has a shelf set up in their waiting room with the 'Take a book/leave a book' deal. Nice to see others promoting reading.

Personally I am getting ready for the birth of our son, my wife will be induced on the 25th of this month and we are all excited to have John Leonidas come into this world (Though I believe my wife is most ready to get the baby out of her and get back to not having to sleep with umpteen pillows positioned just perfectly so). This has meant the past few days have been full of assembling, cleaning, and laundry on my part, not to mention the standard back to school stuff that is required as our 5 year old daughter is heading into Kindergarten this year.

After the 25th gaming is going to be a distant memory for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.