Popular Tags: [View All]
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
I´ve started to track the results of our games played and thought I´d start an official gamplay results thread and some kind of statistic.

Here´s what I have so far. Not very much.
Post your results here and I´ll try to include them and update the chart every now and then.
Very curious how this will look with 50+ games reported.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Mistiaen
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a bunch of Terran vs Kahoum plays registered. Without counting the basic (introductory) games, the Terran won five out of seven, the Kahoum two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oehler
msg tools
mb
I don't have recordings, but our games usually saw Xenos beating Terran or Colossus, probably upwards of 70%. I just did not do a good job dealing with their 5 scout card, or with their opening raid option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knauss
United States
Winter Garden
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has been out for several years now and never received much love.
All of a sudden I see it in the 'Hotness' and a number of new threads.
Is this game experiencing a resurgence or is something else going on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Archange1 wrote:

Nah, this is just me and a friend of mine. Had this game on the shelf for years and eventually found someone to play it. Now we're playing the heck out of it and skip through all posts here trying to discover strategies, etc. So it's definately on our own personal hotness list at the moment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
updated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have only 6 TvX games, I played Xenos every time. I lost the first 2 games, and won the other 4 with Breeder brain in my initial hand and constant, unrelenting aggression.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Juri
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
peterpotamus wrote:
I have only 6 TvX games, I played Xenos every time. I lost the first 2 games, and won the other 4 with Breeder brain in my initial hand and constant, unrelenting aggression.

That was exactly my thinking in our last game Xenos vs Terran. I tried to build up a horde that could diversify and adapt as much as possible. But I do not know so far if this works out versus Kahoum or Colossus... time will tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
updated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
randomnickname wrote:
I tried to build up a horde that could diversify and adapt as much as possible.

It's so tempting to do that, collect a bunch of tech that gives you bonuses or switches your unit types, and I'm sure if you would sit down to plan it out, Xenos can be very successful with this type of deep, layered strategy. But after I discovered Breeder brain I haven't even tried. 6pool every game, normally with Skitters and Buzz-kills, attacking every time possible. It forces the terran to ignore their infrastructure and keep building units just to survive.

I have no idea if it would works against the other two factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Paris
United States
Post Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Archange1 wrote:

This game is not deserving of being a quickly forgotten title. In fact, this is in my top three for best head-to-head gaming experiences.

Great title and woefully under-appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imagine my surprise when I picked this up for $10 at this year's Gencon. I really don't understand the lack of love or how it's fallen that far as it's a wonderful game. I'm looking forward to many plays of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jowjow wrote:
I really don't understand the lack of love or how it's fallen that far as it's a wonderful game.

Lack of artwork. A kickstarted re-release with some great, evocative artwork would turn this game into a bestseller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterpotamus wrote:
Jowjow wrote:
I really don't understand the lack of love or how it's fallen that far as it's a wonderful game.

Lack of artwork. A kickstarted re-release with some great, evocative artwork would turn this game into a bestseller.

At some level, I think you're right, but...

a) I just can't believe that people care that much about artwork. If you love playing great games, who cares, if it's a great game, about the artwork.

b) I really think that it more lies in the fact that this is a non-historical, 2-player (mainly), complex game. I can't think of any other non-historical 2-player game with anywhere near this complexity that is at all popular.

Personally, I was amazed when I saw this game on a great deal at Tanga and wanted to buy a second copy, either for mirror-matches or to give away as a gift, but as much as I think this game is great, I still didn't pull the trigger because I just haven't been able to get it to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arkayn wrote:
a) I just can't believe that people care that much about artwork. If you love playing great games, who cares, if it's a great game, about the artwork.

This is where I'm coming from - I can't understand eliminating games solely based on the art. In fact, I picked this game up sight unseen based on it being on a couple of top ten asymmetric games (a genre I'm particularly fond of) lists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards would spark my "fantasy re-creation of the battle scene" in my mind far better if they showed images of the 2 units the card could produce. It technically makes more sense to unit art on the chits, with building art on the cards. But it'd just be more thematically fun to see the the variety of units than the buildings. It'd also be better for fast recognition of what the card does (like in summoner wars, I see the picture and I remember the gist of what the card is good at.... in ares project, the pic doesn't do it at a glance, and slower reading is required... not that reading is bad, but for a quick "glance" impression it is). But still, the game as a whole does look quite good even if the building art isn't that great. And the game is a blast. A resurgence for me too as I have someone to play it frequently enough in close succession to have finally breached into the full game; which is blowing me away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jitjit2x junior
Philippines
flag msg tools
I have no one one to play with. Maybe we could set up a skype community? lol, just wishin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jitjit2x wrote:
I have no one one to play with. Maybe we could set up a skype community? lol, just wishin

Yeah, lost my Ares partner, too
So the game is gathering dust until I find someone else willing to dive into it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.