Subject: Refunds or No Refunds?! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Folks

It looks like a few of you are getting refunds for this debacle of a kickstarter. I am still waiting for my refund AND missing pieces.

Can I ask a few things,

1) How did you go about requesting your refund, did you use the KS messaging system?

2) Did you have to list your unsent items for them to work out how much to refund you?

3) How long did it take from refund request to recieving your refund did it take?

4) Did anyone have to further complain on Queen's latest KS project to get a refund response? (cos I will do this if I don't get refunded by next week)

5) And how many of you patient folk managed to get the missing items sent to you from Queen?

Thanks guys

*It's such a shame it all came to this, this game had so much potential, just wish I could play my copy shame on you Queen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Leung
Singapore
flag msg tools
The Gaslight wrote:
Folks

It looks like a few of you are getting refunds for this debacle of a kickstarter. I am still waiting for my refund AND missing pieces.

Can I ask a few things,

1) How did you go about requesting your refund, did you use the KS messaging system?
I used the KS msg system.
2) Did you have to list your unsent items for them to work out how much to refund you?
Yes. I am tired of repeating that list.

3) How long did it take from refund request to recieving your refund did it take?
Am still waiting.

4) Did anyone have to further complain on Queen's latest KS project to get a refund response? (cos I will do this if I don't get refunded by next week)
I haven't. I am tired of their BS.

5) And how many of you patient folk managed to get the missing items sent to you from Queen?

Which ones? I pledged a level that was supposed to come w three core sets. One came. I panicked. Emailed them at least three times, and got the other two after two months? And of course complete with missing parts.

Thanks guys

*It's such a shame it all came to this, this game had so much potential, just wish I could play my copy shame on you Queen

It's the worst kickstarter experience ever. Really a shame a good game was actually buried by all this impossible service. The only queens games I wld buy are 2nd hand ones from now on. At least I can be assured everything is intact!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gaslight wrote:
Folks

Can I ask a few things,

Thanks guys

I am still waiting, but i did use the KS mail system as requested by the update. I did ask about refunds on their current KS and had no response. That KS ends in a couple days, so you won't be able to complain there.

As I understand it, its not automated, so the refunds must be manually sent to your Paypal account. Assuming it is Kieth, their spokesperson, it is not his full time job (I believe he teaches). So with an aproximate of 1,000+ refunds needing to be processsed manually by someone whose job is part-time, its not gonna be quick.

The other issue is that it appears refunds are for the initial KS pledge. Someone who pledged more post KS did not get that refunded, so there's more follow up needed for those of us who did that.

I sent my initial request and noted that I pledged more afterwards, so hopefully I get it all in one fell swoop.

This KS was a learning lesson for me.

They also said missing parts for wave 1 were due end of August, but that they would get mailed out.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DenDeef DenDeef
Belgium
Stekene
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) KS messaging system
2) I listed the backers special #2 and radioactive red exp #1 and the 50 pcs zombie pack. The radioactive red zombies 50 pcs are still coming according to Keith so no refund for them.
3) less than 24 hours
4) No
5) Got lucky, everything was in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had messaged as asked and heard nothing for two weeks. Posted on the currently running KS, and received my refund in an hour. Just do that. I normally don't encourage that kind of deal, but it seems to be the only language that QG will pay attention to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a manual process and there are 1462 backers.
Just give it some time.
Reports on the Kickstarter forum is that refunds have slowly started to be processed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
Just give it some time.
Reports on the Kickstarter forum is that refunds have slowly started to be processed.

Then why did the poster directly above you get his in an hour?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
dbc- wrote:
Just give it some time.

Then why did the poster directly above you get his in an hour?

Well someone was bound to get it within the hour, right?

Here is a quote from the current Alhambra KS that was posted recently:

Creator Queen Games about 21 hours ago
Hi everyone - time to catch up.
Manuel - I am working through the refunds. I have started those and there are still many to process. I am working through them as fast as possible.

Creator Queen Games about 19 hours ago
Hi Manuel, it means that I am the person doing the refunds and that is not my only responsibility. I haven't gotten to many of the emails...while that makes it look like they are being ignored, that is not the case. Sadly, in the end, perception is reality and I recognize and understand the frustration/irritation and am sorry about that.
Keith

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Typical Queens SOP that they would post something pertaining to DDD on a KS comments for a different game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esswhy wrote:
Typical Queens SOP that they would post something pertaining to DDD on a KS comments for a different game.

It's typical QG period. They've done "business" like that ever since their first KS campaign, Escape. A lot of us were vocal during the DDD campaign, but were flamed by fanboys at the time who chose to stick their heads in the ground.

Please don't make the mistake of considering QG a "small company", doing what their size allows them to and hence excusing them. For everyone thinking they're a tiny "5 people operation", I suggest you take a look (or a photo) of the real estate they use in the Essen fair. They're huge, at least for European standards.

These people will continue to operate like that, as long as there are gamers backing their projects. Hiring a part-timer to handle support for thousands of backers, across more than 15 campaigns, over 3-4 years is not "the best they can do", it's their modus operandi: "treat backers of the current project with respect, everyone else like trash".

Vote with your wallets, inform other gamers. This hobby doesn't need QG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
"lie to backers of the current project as much as we can get away with, treat everyone else like trash".

Fixed that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Y
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was there any official word on the radioactive creature boards? Are those still being done or are they being refunded too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
asianavatar wrote:
Was there any official word on the radioactive creature boards? Are those still being done or are they being refunded too.

Im hoping for an answer to this as well, Queen hasnt been very communicative about this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gaslight wrote:
asianavatar wrote:

Im hoping for an answer to this as well, Queen hasnt been very communicative about this

I asked about this through KS 2 weeks ago but got no answer. Repeated the request today. QGs support is ugly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
asianavatar wrote:

It's all cancelled. If you haven't gotten it, you never will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Y
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Do you have a source for this. Was it it an update somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asianavatar wrote:
Quote:

I received a refund for them. Thats pretty official.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asianavatar wrote:
Quote:

I think Magic Pink's point is that, as a practical matter, it's pretty obvious that everything has been cancelled at this point, even if QG says it's "possible" that stuff will be produced at some future point in time.

The likely story is that QG is trying to save what little face they have left by putting it on backers to request refunds voluntarily, rather than admitting that they are washing their hands of DDD entirely and failing to fulfill all pledges as they are required to do.

This is merely an observation (and guess) on my part. But it's hard for me to reach any other conclusion based on the available facts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
asianavatar wrote:
Quote:

Update #47 where they said everything is cancelled.

It was subtle but I figured it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.