The Man
msg tools
Is it official, that you can go from lower.left to upper-left, lower-right to upper-right, or do you have to take a step towards the middle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivor Bolakov
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be a house rule, but I have people take a skill test.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tore Halvorsen
Norway
flag msg tools
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/mansions-of-ma...

Q: Can investigators and monsters move up the side of the Foyer
stairs (essentially climbing the banister)?
A: Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Larkus
Germany
Silent Hill
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I tend to not allow that.

Even if the rules would treat it as a simple move I'd consider it unrealistic, since usually it only makes sense to do something like that when there are enemies on the stairs or the room is on fire, and considering most characters aren't the fittest hardcore adventurers.

However, as stated before it would be alright if players insist to do it and are ok with a skill test. For climbing up I'd have them use two move actions and have them roll a test, if the really WANT to climb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Glarkus wrote:

Even if the rules would treat it as a simple move I'd consider it unrealistic, since usually it only makes sense to do something like that when there are enemies on the stairs or the room is on fire, and considering most characters aren't the fittest hardcore adventurers.

However, as stated before it would be alright if players insist to do it and are ok with a skill test. For climbing up I'd have them use two move actions and have them roll a test, if the really WANT to climb.

Oh, how gracious of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
I think this game doesn't have enough turns of investigators moving agonizingly slowly through empty rooms so I'm going to create house rules that make moving through the biggest, emptiest room even slower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glarkus wrote:

You'd probably have to rebalance some of the scenarios also, since they are often timed to how far investigators can move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Larkus
Germany
Silent Hill
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
I think this game doesn't have enough turns of investigators moving agonizingly slowly through empty rooms so I'm going to create house rules that make moving through the biggest, emptiest room even slower.

Sorry that how I play my games with my friends and familiy seems to offend you. In the future I will make sure to ask you before posting anything. Wasn't aware that you weren't allowed to tell how you play your games on a board gaming forum. Whoops blush

Mattias wrote:
You'd probably have to rebalance some of the scenarios also, since they are often timed to how far investigators can move.

In fact I do. In most adventures we play one or two extra turns, when phases aren't that crucial. Especially when playing with less than three investigators. Gives players some room to get into the game and around on the map of curse, since many adventures really are very tightly timed.
But honestly, the stairs in the foyer NEVER killed our investigators. There's enough other stuff around to do that, even when you climb up and down the whole game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.