Subject: Not happy with Cryptozoic over expansion plan rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DC Comics Deck-Building Game>>> I reviewed it and really believe it is a good family game.

However this Crisis expansion leaves me with the wrong game. Cryptozoic will reprint the original heroes and villains in their expansion, plus include new characters.

Love new characters.

However this plan seems to be based on the idea of expanding DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Heroes Unite. It would give owners of United a complete set of characters (save the rare promos). For owners of the original game we get a bunch of repeats.

This stinks. If Cryptozoic was making new versions of characters do it for both sets.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I just feel like this was poorly thought out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Crisis versions of the Super-Villains and playable Super Heroes are not reprints. They have completely different game text. The Crisis heroes are also not meant for competitive play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Fox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nekobat is right.

http://cryptozoic.com/articles/mark-date-dc-crisis-expansion...

Look closely at the picture of the Super Hero cards at that link. The new Heroes just say Super Hero, but the revamped heroes from the original game say CRISIS Super Hero.

The Crisis Super Hero cards have different abilities designed for co-operative play. The Can't be used with HU without the Crises cards just like the old set because they aren't the same cards as the original set. Crisis Expansion is designed to make DC DBG have team play similar to the Marvel Legendary DBG.

Also, this is Crisis Expansion Pack 1. There is a real good chance that Crisis Expansion Pack 2 will be released sometime next year with more new heroes and revamped Team-based versions of the eight HU heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wise
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dimedrl wrote:
Nekobat is right.
Crisis Expansion is designed to make DC DBG have team play similar to the Marvel Legendary DBG.

Probably more similar and in common with Cerberus: Middle Earth and the Lord of The Rings deck builder, with the Impossible Mode cards and Crisis cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt M
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Falcons wrote:
DC Comics Deck-Building Game>>> I reviewed it and really believe it is a good family game.

However this Crisis expansion leaves me with the wrong game. Cryptozoic will reprint the original heroes and villains in their expansion, plus include new characters.

Love new characters.

However this plan seems to be based on the idea of expanding DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Heroes Unite. It would give owners of United a complete set of characters (save the rare promos). For owners of the original game we get a bunch of repeats.

This stinks. If Cryptozoic was making new versions of characters do it for both sets.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I just feel like this was poorly thought out.

Actually, your family may really like the expansion because you'll have to work together using the crisis superheroes to deal with the impending crisis for the game.

Plus, you'll get six new heroes to use for regular game also Likely, swampthing, robin, green arrow, zatanna, supergirl, and blue beetle (I think, haha).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
aeonphreak wrote:
Likely, swampthing, robin, green arrow, zatanna, supergirl, and blue beetle (I think, haha).

4/6 correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Fox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three are know so far based on the box art images.

Zatanna Zatara
Swamp Thing
Robin

They did process of elimination at this thread based on Matt Hyra said, so we know the #4 is Green Arrow

And the only list that had the first three had Supergirl and Animal Man on it. So one of those is #5.

That only leaves #6 to figure out before the photos reach the web.

I'm putting my money on Blue Beetle or a Teen Titan (probably Raven for the extra female card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt M
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
dimedrl wrote:
Three are know so far based on the box art images.

Zatanna Zatara
Swamp Thing
Robin

They did process of elimination at this thread based on Matt Hyra said, so we know the #4 is Green Arrow

And the only list that had the first three had Supergirl and Animal Man on it. So one of those is #5.

That only leaves #6 to figure out before the photos reach the web.

I'm putting my money on Blue Beetle or a Teen Titan (probably Raven for the extra female card).

Wow, I just realized that there are updated comments in that guessing the heroes thread, lol. Yay for Zatanna being a certainty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is helpful. Still a bit unsure. Will wait for reviews before buying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M D
United States
Peotone
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Falcons wrote:
This is helpful. Still a bit unsure. Will wait for reviews before buying.

From what I remember from Matt is that this small expansion will have the original over sized super heroes redone for a crisis cooperative game play (These will only work in coop as well). This expansion will also include a few new cards and oversized super hero cards that can be played with the original and HU DBG's.

So in a nutshell what your getting is:

1. Cards to make a cooperative game out of either DC DBG or HU DBG.

2. New cards to incorporate into either the original or HU (6 new over sized total).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mikeevoy wrote:

2. New cards to incorporate into either the original or HU (6 new over sized total).

Plus a couple dozen cards for the main deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nekobat wrote:
mikeevoy wrote:

Plus a couple dozen cards for the main deck.

N Y

Are you a playtester or do you work for cryptozoic? You seem to know a lot. Any other info that you can give about the expansion?

Todd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Falcons wrote:
Are you a playtester or do you work for cryptozoic? You seem to know a lot. Any other info that you can give about the expansion?

Both? I'm not really authorized to spoil information from the expansion pack. I'm just echoing all the information that is currently available from multiple threads here and articles from Cryptozoic's website.

http://www.cryptozoic.com/games/dc-comics-deck-building-game...

http://www.cryptozoic.com/articles/mark-date-dc-crisis-expan...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.