Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Randel
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I was setting up for my first game, I realized that I would not need all the monsters I had put out. After digging through all the cards, I found I needed only three monsters. Also, the Beast combat deck was unnecessary.

It would be nice if Fantasy Flight included a list of monsters that might show up in a given story, as well as listing the combat decks necessary (although the last part is certainly simple enough to figure out).

I went ahead and made my own list for the core set.

I: 1 maniac, 1 shoggoth, 1 zombie
II: 1 chthonian, 6 cultisits, 2 cult leaders, 2 hounds of Tindalos, 2 shoggoths, 4 zombies
III: 6 cultists, 2 mi-go
IV: 2 hounds of Tindalos
V: 1 cult leader, 1 mi-go, 1 witch

Does this look right? I don't see any way to place monsters that aren't specifically mentioned on the cards used in a story, so this should be complete.

What do you think? Should we petition FF to add this info in expansions and updates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while since I read the rules in depth but I'm pretty sure they specifically state you should put all monsters and decks on the table. I believe this is so the investigators don't know what they may encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randel
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for the tip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a comprehensive list in a prior thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/986106/monsters-available-ea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randel
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I guess my search terms were inadequate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.