Zombie 15'» Forums » General

Subject: 2p question for those with the rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Since they haven't been posted yet, is it the case than in a 2p game, each player has to control 2 separate characters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer: yes. The section from the preliminary rules on Kickstarter hasn't changed as far as I could see (p.9).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume LEMERY
France
SAINT GENIS LAVAL
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Yes, as it is written at the end of the rulesbook, each player controls two heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Weihrauch
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you or your second player (Jen?) doesn't like the idea of controlling two characters, you can always use the 3-player-variant. At least one player can stick to only one character that way ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks everybody!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck! I can't wait to see how you run away from Zombie horde when it growls...

I like a lot this game. Little hard at the begining but it makes you feel good when you finish the 15 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played through the first four scenarios with only two players, and we thought it worked really well. You don't have hands of cards, so it's not very fiddly, and tracking the ammo/use information on your weapons/items is pretty easy and goes fast.

I don't think I'd like the game playing only one character each with two players. Since someone is very likely to die at some point (i.e. "fall unconscious"), you need characters who can fight and search while someone else carries the fallen person.

It's a fun game, though. If you and Jen liked Escape: Curse of the Temple, I think you might like this (as long as you're ok with having guns)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, my wife and I have played 2p, and it works really well. Each character has their own separate turn, so it flows just fine.

The quickness of play in the design also keeps it from feeling like too much. Its nothing like trying to run a pair of investigators in Arkham Horror or something, which can be overwhelming for a lot of people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.