flag msg tools
badge
mb
"Oh I know it don't thrill you, I hope it don't kill you."

Trade GeekList: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/177032
Request GeekList: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/177033
Discussion: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1212810

Key dates (all times are CENTRAL TIME)

Open for posting games: Now until Wednesday, August 6th (10pm)

Want list submission period: Wednesday, August 6th (10pm) until Friday, August 8th (10pm).

Results posted within an hour thereafter.

Other useful information

OLWLG Help: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

The Rules of this Math trade can be found in the header of the Trade Geeklist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
neither this thread nor gl header give rules and what TM options you will be using???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
JeffyJeff wrote:
neither this thread nor gl header give rules and what TM options you will be using???

I've updated the header with some additional info as well as pointing users to the rules of this math trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to add a "Pick X points worth of stuff" listing.

Can I do that without it technically be adding them all as sweeteners?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:

No, because the main item has to be "outside the scope of..." for an altname to work, and without the altname then it appears you're listing the whole set (not pick some) in the OLWLG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up to check the trade rating and profile activity of trader profiles. Sleepyhead85 disappeared after the last two back-to-back math trades and never sent out games. Octavian has suspended his account but that is likely all that can be done at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yaverot wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:

No, because the main item has to be "outside the scope of..." for an altname to work, and without the altname then it appears you're listing the whole set (not pick some) in the OLWLG.

Uh, I understand what it looks like.

Asking the moderator what the rule is about it (something people do fairly often!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
eknauer wrote:
Just a heads up to check the trade rating and profile activity of trader profiles. Sleepyhead85 disappeared after the last two back-to-back math trades and never sent out games. Octavian has suspended his account but that is likely all that can be done at this point.

I'm a believer that such people should have their name and address posted on BGG. Ok, BGG has a rule about not posting people's contact information but I think under such circumstances it would be justified and help prevent people from just making new accounts and doing it again. Simply knowing the person's previous account name doesn't protect anyone but knowing a person's real name and address would be helpful in protecting members of our community from people like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
eknauer wrote:

I'm a believer that such people should have their name and address posted on BGG. Ok, BGG has a rule about not posting people's contact information but I think under such circumstances it would be justified and help prevent people from just making new accounts and doing it again. Simply knowing the person's previous account name doesn't protect anyone but knowing a person's real name and address would be helpful in protecting members of our community from people like this.

I have it if anyone wants it (send me a pm).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
eknauer wrote:

There is actually a list for such things.

I just can't find it right now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
yaverot wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:

Actually I'm okay with it if the altname tag says something to the effect of 'Pick any X games' - or something similar.

The primary reason for this rule is because everyone in awhile, someone would list an game expansion for trade and then provide a link of the original game in the listing. In this instance the altname tag would eliminate any confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
eknauer wrote:
Just a heads up to check the trade rating and profile activity of trader profiles.

QFT. I can't stress this enough. Take the time to review feedback ratings and BGG activity. It's worth it. It may mean removing a game that you really want from your wantlists, but it also goes along way towards avoiding any potential trading issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And alert others, or at least the moderator, please, if someone shady is trying to sneak into a math trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aksosa wrote:
yaverot wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:

Actually I'm okay with it if the altname tag says something to the effect of 'Pick any X games' - or something similar.

The primary reason for this rule is because everyone in awhile, someone would list an game expansion for trade and then provide a link of the original game in the listing. In this instance the altname tag would eliminate any confusion.

Okay, I'm curious. How do you make an altname work on a game listing, since I believe it only works on "Outside the scope.." and "Miscellaneous..." entries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
yaverot wrote:
aksosa wrote:
yaverot wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:

Okay, I'm curious. How do you make an altname work on a game listing, since I believe it only works on "Outside the scope.." and "Miscellaneous..." entries.

Correct, but he can list the game as 'Outside the Scope of BGG' with his altname tag of 'Pick X games' and then list the game choices within the listing as links. There are already a few samples of this in this math trade. Item #664, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aksosa wrote:
yaverot wrote:
aksosa wrote:
yaverot wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:

Correct, but he can list the game as 'Outside the Scope of BGG' with his altname tag of 'Pick X games' and then list the game choices within the listing as links. There are already a few samples of this in this math trade. Item #664, for example.

Ah, we're in violent agreement; you can do a Pick listing, if the item has an altname.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Pendergrass
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
Brand new to math trades. Couple of questions. Is the request list just a place where people can post about what they'd like to see be traded or is it like a want list?

Also how often is the OLWLG refreshed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
shuggacheez wrote:
Brand new to math trades. Couple of questions. Is the request list just a place where people can post about what they'd like to see be traded or is it like a want list?

Welcome to the craziness The "Want list" geeklist is just people posting what they'd like to see - nothing official about it & it has no bearing on the actual trades. The OLWLG is the master list of wants/trades.

The list in OLWLG gets refreshed manually by the organizer of the trade - depends on how busy/quiet he or she is. Usually a couple of times a day is the norm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Pendergrass
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
fenners wrote:
shuggacheez wrote:

Welcome to the craziness The "Want list" geeklist is just people posting what they'd like to see - nothing official about it & it has no bearing on the actual trades. The OLWLG is the master list of wants/trades.

The list in OLWLG gets refreshed manually by the organizer of the trade - depends on how busy/quiet he or she is. Usually a couple of times a day is the norm.

Thanks! I watched several video tutorials online to make sure I was doing everything correctly. Duplicate protection was a bit confusing, but I think I figured it out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Y
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I'm new to Math Trades as well, I THINK I'm getting everything done right...

Is there a reason I'm only seeing 1613 items in the OLWLG? Does it only update so often, or are others seeing the whole list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jamieson
United States
Purcellville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Droidaphone wrote:

Is there a reason I'm only seeing 1613 items in the OLWLG? Does it only update so often, or are others seeing the whole list?

It's only updated every so often (usually a couple times per day), you can setup your profile on the OLWLG to GeekMail you when it is updated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it only gets updated as often as the Math Trade administrator updates it.

My first Math trade as well, but I thought I saw that mentioned somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wolfe
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Droidaphone wrote:

Go to the OLWLG and click the little person icon in the toolbar at the top. This is your profile. Select the 2 options to get a geekmail when the list is updated and when the results are uploaded. Then you'll never have to wonder again when the list is updated.

And you can even enable the option here on BGG to have your geekmail sent to your email address. Then you wouldn't even have to check BGG first to see if you have geekmail in order to see if the math trade list was resynced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Y
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mattwolfe wrote:

Go to the OLWLG and click the little person icon in the toolbar at the top. This is your profile. Select the 2 options to get a geekmail when the list is updated and when the results are uploaded

Thanks, this helps. That interface is... charming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Vacabck wrote:
I believe it only gets updated as often as the Math Trade administrator updates it.

My first Math trade as well, but I thought I saw that mentioned somewhere.

Correctamundo. I'll typically re-synch the list in the morning before I go to work as well as at least a couple of times at night.

Still plenty of time left to add more games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.