Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant Johnson
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Well me known for eating cookie when me don't they shout
badge
Look! He try to throw loyal fans a curve!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, von Below's delivery of Germany's intention to the Foreign Office in Brussels is now. The actual invasion is 8 am (which is just a few hours from this post). We're Planning to play Paths of Glory on the night of the 4th to commemorate. Anyone else doing something similar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, playing tonight [it's the 4th here in Australia today].
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
played on Saturday (4 player game)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a FtF game scheduled for somewhere September. On top of that, I mailed a number of people I've lured into wargaming to play PoG in August, "since WW-I started exactly 100 years ago". No takers yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Freedman
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this weekend ftf in commemoration.

Interesting game where no one played entrench until about turn 11. Bulgaria was conquered by the French AoO. Serbia was retaken by Italian and Serb armies (re-introduced via Salonika). Entrench was finally played on the Italians...in Nis of all places. Because the French corp had been decimated in Western Europe, Greece needed to enter the war so that they could assist the French AoO in its attempts to take Constantinople. But the Turk AoI came in just in time and was able to entrench thus saving the Turks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Cudahy
Australia
flag msg tools
WWII and WW1, the Belgians are always being invaded. They stuck in a corner of Belgian swamp WW1. They were poor masters in theBelgian Congo. 5 out of 10. Maybe 4 or 3. Europeans suck at colonialism. The Dutch in Indonesia, the French in indochina and north west Africa. The world has thankfully moved on. Colonialism is finished. Eurocentric. The educated soul sees. Lol stu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Cudahy
Australia
flag msg tools
That is not to say the British are not without their faults. I so wanted the Scots to stand up. My father is a Scot and I am Australian. Smug is not a healthy state of mind. Strive, kik, step up for a world carbon free, a population sustainable. Stu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Napoleon123 wrote:
WWII and WW1, the Belgians are always being invaded. They stuck in a corner of Belgian swamp WW1. They were poor masters in theBelgian Congo. 5 out of 10. Maybe 4 or 3. Europeans suck at colonialism. The Dutch in Indonesia, the French in indochina and north west Africa. The world has thankfully moved on. Colonialism is finished. Eurocentric. The educated soul sees. Lol stu

What on earth are you on, and why are you posting this here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Benito Richards
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going back to the original topic...
I like your idea and have done something similar. I participated in a small Twilight Struggle tournament on November 9th, to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall. Games are a nice way to commemorate historical events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.