Subject: CSI Praise (Free Promo Item) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Phelps
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
They call me Troll; Gnawer of the Moon, Giant of Gale-blasts, Curse of the Rain-Hall, Companion of the Sibyl, Nightroaming Hellion, Swallower of the Loaf of Heaven. What is a Troll but that?
mbmbmbmbmb

I just got my package of games that CSI had been holding onto since late April (waiting for a Marvel Dice Masters starter set to come into stock). I had added several items to the order over the months that followed, including a copy of Krosmaster Arena that I picked up during their Spring sale for $35.99. When I opened up the shipping box, I noticed that among the games I had ordered they had also included an Amalia promo figure:

I just love getting things for free...

So, I just wanted to say "Cool Stuff!"..."Inc."...

*Big Thumbs Up*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dirge the Troll wrote:
I just love getting things for free...

I fondly remember the days when the publishers gave promos to retailers who then passed them on to their customers for free (I believe by agreement they couldn't charge for them)... I used to order/get lots of free promos via funagain. I'm guessing while it was nice of CSI... by agreement they probably couldn't "sell" the promo, but I could be wrong

Sadly those days are mostly gone as now the publishers give the promos to BGG who then sell them.... I'm glad on one hand that it helps support BGG.... but bummed on the other that us customers no longer (except apparently in this case/publisher) get them for free like we used to

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
I still get a bunch from my FLGS (Boardgame Revolution). Lately, I've been purchasing promos in lieu of buying the patron support badge.

It help BGG and it gets me promos. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.