Legendary: Guardians of the Galaxy» Forums » General

Subject: Apocalypse vs. Thanos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Randles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Unfortunately my knowledge of the Marvel Universe is pretty limited to Spider-Man....

The only things I know about Apocalypse are a) he's the "big bad" of mutant-kind and b) he's sits on the left-hand side of my board smirking at me whenever I have exactly 11 attack.

Similarly the only things I know about Thanos are a) he's the "big bad"... full stop and b) he has a thing for sparkly gloves.

So my question is... who would win in fight between these guys? In comic terms; have these guys ever locked horns? In game terms Apocalypse has 12 attack; so what do you expect Thanos to have?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This touches on something I've been thinking about. I love that Thanos will be in the game, but I'm afraid he'll end up in the same camp as Apocalypse and Galactus. Usually stuck in the box because I don't want to play if the odds of losing are greater than winning. :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While Apocalypse is insanely powerful - he's still "just" a mutant.
Thanos is a villain on a cosmic-scale. More around Galactus-level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apocalypse wouldn't last long against Thanos, and both wouldn't stand a chance against Darkseid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read a lot of X vs Y battles on Comicvine. They are often very informative and fun to read.

This particular battle has already been discussed at length and the general consensus was that Thanos would curbstomp Apocalypse. Thanos is just waaaay too powerful for Apocalypse.

Thanos managed to fire a blast from his hands so powerful that it threw Galactus far away.

Looking at the effect it had on Galactus, that same blast is probably enough to incinerate Apocalypse.

Thanos has enormous durability. He can withstand the extremely powerful shout of Black Bolt at point blank range with only sustaining minimal damage and some torn clothes (see Infinity).

His personal force field is so strong it can withstand a single blast of the great Galactus. (A second blast would kill Thanos though.)

Imagine Apocalypse on the receiving end of that? He would be reduced to stray quarks and atoms.

Thanos further possesses incredible strenght and is a master strategist. His feats are renowned throughout the galaxy while Apocalypse remains only a local player.

Apocalypse is only qualified to be Thanos' cupbearer, nothing more.

As to Thanos' fight value in Legendary... I'm thinking more along the lines of 14-16 fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
thdizzy wrote:
Apocalypse wouldn't last long against Thanos, and both wouldn't stand a chance against Darkseid.

Two words... Infinity Gauntlet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mcclain
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkseid is a chump and isn't even worthy to be mentioned in any discussion involving En Sabah Nur or The mad titan Thanos...Doomsday did what Darkseid could not in killing the boy scout and Doomsday may be the worst comic villain ever created (yes worse than 8-Ball)...Thanos consistently spanks the bottoms of all Marvels mightiest..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Harmon
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
The ultimate in Co-op Gaming.
mbmbmbmbmb
thdizzy wrote:

Darkseid? snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheSaint08D wrote:
thdizzy wrote:

Darkseid? snore

I like to give reverence to the original, but 90% of DC just comes across as super hokey. Darkseid included. Though in all fairness, about 40% of Marvel is hokey too. Well, honestly, most comic book stuff (which I love) is a bit hokey, but I'm talking about hokey within acceptance of comic book stuff. So I'm sorry, I try to hold reverence for Darkseid over Thanos... but I just can't. I'm not saying Thanos beats Darkseid, I'm saying Darkseid isn't even worthy of fantasy existence in the fantasy conflict.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.