Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Would this work?!?! don't see why not....

List Name

Resource: Flagship Independent (Klingon) (10)

Ti'Mur (20)
Vanik (3)
Flagship (0)
Vulcan High Command 2xTech (5)
Adm. James T. Kirk (8)
Combat Vessel Variant (4)
Ship SP: 82

Total Build SP: 92

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Combat Vessel Variant is unique
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
oh shoot forgot about unique.... that's probably a good thing

hmmm on way or the other I guess, keeps that from happening but stops you from having 2 combat Suurock class ships, seems silly, they should have wrote in text to limit use rather than unique.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vulcan High Command is also unique.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On the other hand it stops you from needing to really bother collecting more than one Ti'Mur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
im kind of hoping for a clone machine card like from the old decipher CCG that would allow you to have two copies of a unique character out at one time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Leighbob wrote:
Combat Vessel Variant is unique

Darn. And here I was, hoping to spend nearly $400 for a single ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigfathera wrote:
The Ni'Var version isn't unique but text limited and 5SP. But with reinforcements you could then get 3 onto a single Suurok.

How?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Arenburg
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
The Ni'Var version is not unique, but text limited (and 5SP). You could equip any number of Suuroks with it (but 1/ship). The only way to get 2 uniques onto a ship is through reinforcements...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards on a reinforcements sideboard don't count to your fleet points total but they do still count as part of your build.

You can't, therefore, but a copy of a unique card on it if you have a copy of that card already on one of your ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ran li
msg tools
mb
wait im kinda confused with this combat vessel variant card. can i deploy the unique version and the non-unique version at the same time if i have the sideboard? thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ginever
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ran495 wrote:
wait im kinda confused with this combat vessel variant card. can i deploy the unique version and the non-unique version at the same time if i have the sideboard? thanks.

You can equip the unique version to your Ti'mur and the non - unique version (comes with the Ni'var pack) to your sideboard and bring it down, you could also have a couple of Suurok class ships each with their own CVV card and use the sideboard to switch it over to your Ti'mur, but to be honest that would take so many turns to pull off you'd probably be dead by the time you had more than two on the same ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Arenburg
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Actually after reading the other one you can only get the 2 uniques onto a Suurok. The non-unique excludes all other versions. I was going by memory but it seems all the "1 per ship" cards name themselves...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Lin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't have two of the uniques, period. The unique version being on any ship prevents you from putting it on another ship or even on the sideboard; the items on the sideboard count against your fleet, so you can only have one copy of a unique between your active ships and your sideboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Arenburg
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Not according to Wizkids. Our last event the store actually had to call it in and the ruling was: Yes you can have 2 uniques if one is on your sideboard. The first one (on your ship) is called "Combat Vessel Variant" and the second one is called ... drum roll ... "Reinforcements Sideboard" as that's how it is entered on the squad build sheet (down on the resources line). You can also steal a unique (say with borg assimilation tubules) even if you already have one for two on the same ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Arenburg
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
PS This was used on a different unique ... that ended up winning Collective OP3 ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
bigfathera wrote:
PS This was used on a different unique ... that ended up winning Collective OP3 ...

Are you talking about a unique card (i.g. a card with a yellow star) or a card with the "limit one per ship" text?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Arenburg
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
A yellow starred unique: Feedback pulse to be precise...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigfathera wrote:
A yellow starred unique: Feedback pulse to be precise...

You guys got shafted.

Page 21 of the rule book: a single player cannot field two or more cards that share the same unique name

Your TO should have known that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't put a Combat Vessel Variant on the Sideboard because the Sideboard isn't a Suurok-class ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Arenburg
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
That was my argument, rule book in hand. The counter argument was that the cards on reinforcements aren't fielded, the sideboard is, and someone supposedly checked with Wizkids,,, yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigfathera wrote:
That was my argument, rule book in hand. The counter argument was that the cards on reinforcements aren't fielded, the sideboard is, and someone supposedly checked with Wizkids,,, yuk

Bullshit, the resource side board is purchased as part of your fleet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Arenburg
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's what I thought. I just put it to Chris G for an OFFICIAL ruling, when he returns from his hiatus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Illyth wrote:
You can't put a Combat Vessel Variant on the Sideboard because the Sideboard isn't a Suurok-class ship.

I thought that was the ruling for a while, but I was mistaken. Chris said that you can put Transphasic Torpedoes on the sideboard but they can only be moved off onto Voyager. So by extension, the CVV could be on the sideboard, but only be moved off the sideboard onto the Ni'var, Ti'mur or a generic Suurok (so far).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
bigfathera wrote:

I loved to know how they checked with Wizkids, as a TO I've got 5 or 6 questions I'd could use to have answered whistle

Very poor ruling in my opinion, the rule book is very clear on one unique card per fleet. With this ruling you could run two Picards9, etc which is crazy dumb. Did you bring that up?

bigfathera wrote:

That's what I thought. I just put it to Chris G for an OFFICIAL ruling, when he returns from his hiatus.

I completely got why you did this, but it kills me that we have to take up designer time with questions like this. It's in black and white in the basic rules of the game cry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.