Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if these robots will be available for home use. I could really use one to stand in for all the boring shit my wife likes to do and it would be much cheaper then renting a gay man for the job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
It's getting pretty bad out there with robots being used to do the menial tasks that humans just don't want to do anymore. These robots in South Korea are being used to ...gasp... watch baseball!

Quote:
The Hanwha Eagles have brought in a team of robots to occupy a small section of the team’s stadium. Described as “the world’s first cheering robot,” the so-called ‘fanbots’ are designed to connect fans that can’t be at the game.

Each fanbot holds an LED screen which relays messages from fans via the Web or mobile devices. In a nice personal touch, fans can also upload an image of their face onto the fanbots.

Sorry to alarm you even further, Mac, but automation is here to stay.

Yeah, uh, Mac doesn't actually come here any longer. When Amazon Prime ran a Gold Box deal on the new RSP-HiveBot3000© he bought one with his stock profits and now he just gets updates via text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I wonder if these robots will be available for home use. I could really use one to stand in for all the boring shit my wife likes to do and it would be much cheaper then renting a gay man for the job.

Your wife is such a lucky woman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destiny's got her hand way, way up in their puppets! It's an unpleasant tingling! The deepest of wriggles!
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
But my greatest power is this: When Destiny speaks, she speaks to me. She says hi, by the way.
badge
Oh! And I've been killing the bees!
mbmbmbmbmb
Future headline: Robot suicides soar after machines are forced to watch baseball.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too much gaming and preparing for a vacation.

But. from forbes.

Quote:

The comparative advantage of human labor over machines is washing away before our eyes and to illustrate this point, McAfee references the work of Narrative Science, a company out of Northwestern University, which uses algorithms to write stories around simple pieces of data. Forbes now uses this technology to generate the earnings announcements around a company’s stock price, and can even tailor the story to cater to specific audiences. How many journalists could lose their jobs? McAfee thinks it could be more than just a few.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no problem with automation, the problem is when they start making choices for us (freedom and all that), or when they start to do jobs that actually matter (lets face it Human doctors make enough mistakes, and they face ruin if they do).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Admins, please lock this thread.

Every time it shows up in the list of active threads, I'm going to click on it; and every time that happens, I'm going to have to tip JoshBot again for that animation. I think we can all agree that this sort of wealth redistribution would be unreasonably burdensome to me personally and ruinous to RSP as a whole--morally ruinous, if you spend a few minutes considering what JoshBot is likely to do with his ill-gotten gains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
When is BGG going to get these robots so we can play games at BGGCon without actually traveling there. We can just put our avatars on the face screens.

My personal imagination has a mix of Benders consuming beers and cursing at each other with equal parts Marvins whining about their point salads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it could also stimulate a whole new genre of fine art based on variations of "Robot's playing poker" on black velvet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, too late
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.