14 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: TOS Enterprise vs USS Enterprise A (Refit)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seif Mehanna
Egypt
flag msg tools
If you had to choose between the two, which one and why? Include your reasoning s'il vous plait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Personally I'm going to go with the tinyprise, mainly for the Janeway combo. The built-in Scotty on the new Enterprise is cool, though.

Aesthetics wise, Constitution Refit all the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Burns
United States
Ames
IA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Honestly, both :-)

The TOS enterprise is worth it for the CREW alone. I know many people are saying Scotty isn't getting the play he used to in the current game meta, but I think he's still a fantastically flexible card. The ability to add dice to attack OR regen shields without having to disable him is incredibly useful. He's in nearly every one of my builds.

The Refit Enterprise is the better ship IMO, but still needs some help to make it a truly viable vessel. It's easily outclassed by Voyager, The Enterprise D, The defiant, and even the Excelsior.

/ My 2 cents - curious what others think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They both have their uses. The Tinyprise is great with Janeway (w/ Flagship especially).

The text on the Refit version is only good for Primary Weapons, unfortunately, so you'll only get it up to the 5/6 ballpark by itself. Still, not bad, plus you have that extra shield to work with.

The great thing about the Refit--that deserves more attention, IMO--is the green 2-bank maneuvers. This is the best in-faction platform for Engage since the Enterprise-D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If we're including upgrades, that tips it more towards the tinyprise.

Young Scotty, Young Sulu, and all those elite talents (Cheat Death!)

Admiral Kirk and Captain Spock are pretty solid tho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would lean towards the refit. Its ship ability is good in a wider variety of situations and can pump out quite a bit of damage. In most cases, its duplicate crew are also pretty competitive with the original's as well. Plus you get captain Spock, who is a nice wingman for baldy. And Admiral Kirk.

Also, though some have complaints about its model, I think its the better of the two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles skrobis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically, the refit isn't the enterprise A, it's the original enterprise with a bunch of tech upgrades and extra ship add-ons. So it's really just from movies 1-3.

The enterprise A is a newer ship they built from scratch, and covers movies 5 and 6. So there are a few differences, and I think that should they release the enterprise-A, they wouldn't have it fitting for the same unique ship slot as the refit does.

Now, between the 2 I'd say i like the Refit better, just for the versatile options. Cause it can ramp attack like a built in scotty, or keep 4 active shields to tank a bit better. But part of the bigger thing is the maneuvering where it has green bank 2s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, we do not have an Enterprise-A yet, just the constitution refit.

I prefer the refit over the original in most cases. The only reason I could see using the tinyprize would be to abuse Janeway. In pretty much every other scenario that I could think of, the refit would be my first choice between the two. It is just a better all around ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know. The ability to reverse AND Battle Stations can come in pretty handy sometimes. It can really catch people off guard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The enterprise A is a newer ship they built from scratch, and covers movies 5 and 6. So there are a few differences, and I think that should they release the enterprise-A, they wouldn't have it fitting for the same unique ship slot as the refit does.

Its the same class, however, so in the game it would be the same thing as the refit (though they would probably give it a different ship ability). Otherwise, same stats, same upgrade bar, same maneuvers, same arcs, same point cost. Though yes it would have a different name as far as the unique rule goes.

It actually wasn't any more advanced than the original, as it was not built from scratch. It was just a ship that had already been in service that they rebranded in honor of the Enterprise crew's efforts. That's why it was decomissioned so quickly. It had actually been in service for decades by the time of Star Trek VI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Refit. Better dial, increased shields, and potentially better attack.

Plus the refit is prettier. And not a charm bracelet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Even Sylvia is complaining about the tinyprise to Wizkids' Support Desk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Refit seems to have a different ability than TOS Scotty. From my reading the extra dice are added to every attack rather than just +2 dice. Thats potentially potent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DonMegel wrote:
The Refit seems to have a different ability than TOS Scotty. From my reading the extra dice are added to every attack rather than just +2 dice. Thats potentially potent.

The biggest difference (which is easy to miss) is that Scotty adds +2 attack dice to any attack, where the Enterprise adds +2 for Primary Weapons only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.