Hide
4 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Collective OP2 scoring seems weird to me rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Hosp
msg tools
Actually the cooperative "Frenemy" scoring in general seems strange. Your Fleet Points are based on your opponent's surviving fleet, but you're not attacking your opponent. I win if I get wiped out and my opponent still has ships left when time is up but I did more damage to the Cube, but other than that, the amount of damage to the Cube isn't reflected in the final scores unless I crush it and do more than 20 more damage than my opponent.

The point is, this is the first OP scenario (I think) where it's possible to win, but have less Fleet Points than your opponent. (Which is the victory condition in the "Objective" at the bottom of page 2 of the OP2 pdf, but that's contradicted by the "Storyline Organized Play Instructions" on page 3. Has that been resolved anywhere?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Dole
msg tools
Yeah, that looks right to me. You can win every game and outdamage your opponent by 20 every round, and score 0 Fleet Points for the entire tournament.

You'd be probably hoping that you'd win on Battle Points and not have to come to the Fleet Point tie-breaker in that case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I believe this was also possible--but rare--in Arena. If you won the Captain's Battle with 7 surviving captains, you'd get 105 fleet points without even destroying any of your opponent's ships--enough to win you the game if it went to time. However, your opponent could still win by destroying all of your ships before then, but with only 100 FP to your 105.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
As a TO, it's a little counter-intuitive but doesn't really impact anything adversely from what I can see.

I'd still just be looking at battle points, then fleet points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.