Michael Convento
United States
flag msg tools
mb
For those interested, you can now sign up for a S & S subscription with Paizo and have it start with the Character Add-On Pack while still receiving the August promos.

http://paizo.com/products/btpy8x6n?Pathfinder-Adventure-Card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bedard
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So torn on this.

I know at some point I will be getting all of the expansions. Was planning on just grabbing the base game from CSI whenever it's ready. But the thought of getting the promo each month sounds pretty nice. Missed out on quite a few of then with ROtRL, while I'm not a total completist is definitely irks me a little.

Can someone comment on what the 'August Promo's" are for this?

What is the price for each expansion if you go the subscription route? And what are they whacking you for shipping to the US? I guess if the total price difference after all is said and done is only $25-30 bucks is worth ot just to know their gonna show up as soon as theyr ready.

Sorry, just sort or rambling here.

Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Promos for August are:
Ranzak (character)
Mogmurch (ally)
Goblin Keelhaulin' (?)
Goblin Weidling (ship)

With the discount, the character add-on costs subscribers $15.99. Shipping will depend on where you live in the US. I'm on the east coast and choose the cheapest shipping option. I'm getting the Base Set this time, but in the past when an order was just the adventure deck, shipping cost me $4.92.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RawDealDemo wrote:
So torn on this.
Can someone comment on what the 'August Promo's" are for this?

From my invoice for my subscription:
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game—Promo Card: Goblin Keelhaulin'
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game—Subscriber Promo Card: Ranzak
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game—Promo Card: Goblin Weidling
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game—Promo Card: Mogmurch

RawDealDemo wrote:
What is the price for each expansion if you go the subscription route? And what are they whacking you for shipping to the US? I guess if the total price difference after all is said and done is only $25-30 bucks is worth ot just to know their gonna show up as soon as theyr ready.

Most of the Adventure Deck expansions for RotR (such as #6 Spires of Xin-Shalast) seem to be:
Retail: $19.99 + sales tax (in my state this adds $1.74 for a total of $21.73)
Online discounter (Coolstuffinc): $13.49 + shipping unless over $100.
Subscription: $15.99 plus $1.42 sales tax + $4.92 shipping for total of $22.43 AND you get 1 promo card with each Adventure Deck.

For me, the subscription total cost of $22.43 is not much more than my local brick and mortar store cost (with tax) of $21.73, so it seems worthwhile to get the promo card. And usually I have the deck before it arrives in my local store, so that's a bonus too.

But you can't beat the cost discount for an online discount store, especially if you can skip the tax and bundle it with other stuff to get free shipping. BUT you don't get the promos and you won't get it as quickly as either your local store or subscription.

For my group, we were playing each Adventure Deck as it was released and I am a bit of a completist so I had to subscribe to get them fast and with the promos.

But we are not burned out on PACG and though I plan on picking up S&S, we're not going to play it for a few months, so I'm going to cancel my subscription and just order the whole thing online when we're ready to play. I won't get the promos but will save a LOT of money.

About the promos. For Rise of the Runelords we really like 2-3 of them and used them a lot. The rest we didn't care for and didn't even bother to keep them even if we earned them in the game because there were other regular game cards we wanted more.

I don't think the Promos really make or break the game. So the question becomes how much are they and a speedier delivery worth to you?

Just my 2 cents after subscribing to the entire RotR series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bedard
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, gents.

Still not sure which way I'm gonna break on this, but now I know the exact options that I am weighing.

I really appreciate your help with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.