King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it pretty miserable that all the trust Ignacy put into ZMan Games has led to very small print runs of one of the most on-demand games in Robinson Crusoe out there and fans still left waiting for the compatible Voyage of the Beagle expansion that is nowhere in sight one year since official release.

I truly hope that Portal Games will release the Game of the Year edition of Crusoe in English as well at some point, since they did release an expansion compatible with English Portal Edition.

ZMan is just not delivering. Ignacy & Co already did everything, all ZMan had to do is fix up possible grammar, print and ship

And as pointed out by another user, the upcoming expansion costs almost twice as much as the initial MSRP now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
I find it pretty miserable that all the trust Ignacy put into ZMan Games has led to very small print runs of one of the most on-demand games in Robinson Crusoe out there and fans still left waiting for the compatible Voyage of the Beagle expansion that is nowhere in sight one year since official release.

I truly hope that Portal Games will release the Game of the Year edition of Crusoe in English as well at some point, since they did release an expansion compatible with English Portal Edition.

ZMan is just not delivering. Ignacy & Co already did everything, all ZMan had to do is fix up possible grammar, print and ship

And as pointed out by another user, the upcoming expansion costs almost twice as much as the initial MSRP now.

Blame Canada! (You surely can find appropriate song on you tube yourself)

But seriously, Filosofia Games should be target of the rant. Z-man is more or less a brand name to them since takeover, and maybe some strategic decisions (such as about binding more company assets in HUGE volume edition of Robinson) are taken in Filosofia.

Portal Games publishes new games in USA by itself now. They don't comment publicly on it, but probably Robinson's treatment is one of reasons of it.
Robinson is one of many games for Filosofia , for Portal is a flagship.
So if and when publishing rights return to Portal maybe situation changes. I don't know the details, but such deals are rarely have duration longer than 10 years

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Noble
United Kingdom
Newbury
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's almost as if Z-Man don't want our money!!

Surely they can see the demand is there from the massive resell value of the product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.