Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So playing through the opening chapter of the game and we decided to head up to the kitchen to help Miz Maggie and the question came up, can we get the cheese that is on the table? I looked at the storybook and rules and don't see anything about how to pick it up (unless I just completely missed it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the designer's response:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/10390876#10390876

nobeerblues wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:
After our first play through, we ran into a lot of questions (and made some HUGE mistakes.....make sure to differentiate when move the End Game marker vs the Hourglass marker). After scouring the forums, I think I've found the answer to almost all of the questions, except...

d10-1In the Kitchen, can you pick up all of the Cheese on the counter? And if so, then at what point? Do you have to clear the room of Minions? Or just the table?

d10-2I think I know the answer to this 2nd question as I believe it's more or less explained in the rules, but I like some clarification. When Exploring the Kitchen, you do not flip an Encounter card, correct? If there is a Surge, then Brodie comes. And if there is a 2nd Surge, then only the Hourglass moves....right? Along those same lines, any time a 2nd Surge occurs in the same tile, the Hourglass moves but no Minions appear, correct?

1- You don't really get the cheese on the counter, but as a house rule we commonly grab it and split it among the mice after the tile has been cleared.

2- Right, and don't forget that Brodie is a cat and has no craving for cheese (any cheese he rolls are ignored). Once he is on the scene, he can help clear out roaches. The real threat in this game is the minion wheel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.