wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I was wondering how long a solo game playing 2 heroes typically take people? How does it scale and how are people enjoying playing it this way? Also I had read that groups playing the co-op version typically require 3 hours to complete the game--is it shorter if you solo it with 2 heroes? How easy is it to pay the games in smaller chunks if you do not have that amount of time to play the game in one setting? Thanks everyone!

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it a few times solo, and I really like it. It's not really much shorter with 2 than 4, maybe a little by say 30 minutes, since you're not discussing tactics. In general the scaling isn't bad. Maybe just a hair easier for 2 heroes, since you will have fewer heroes to distribute the treasures to (you also get fewer treasures but not that much fewer).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks shnar!

Is it easy to play the game in shorter sections if you do not have the full 3 hours to play it in 1 setting or is that tough to do?

Thanks,

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've considered trying that, removing a few room cards (say 1 from each section) and see if it plays just as well, but is a shorter game. Haven't tried it yet though, if you do let us know how it goes.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
michael4928 wrote:
Thanks shnar!

Is it easy to play the game in shorter sections if you do not have the full 3 hours to play it in 1 setting or is that tough to do?

Thanks,

Michael

If you organise your decks properly (ie keep the discards seperate) and write a few things down it's not too hard to pack up and pick up where you left off. You'll want to 'stop' just before you open a door to the next encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I appreciate that! I love the idea, but 3 hours in one setting will not happen very much for me due to my work schedule so if I can stop before I open a door to another encounter with just writing a few things down and some good organization that will mean that I can play and enjoy this more. For me, personally ,the "holy grail" for a game like this would have the speed, modularity, random dungeon exploration and replay ability of the D%DAS games with the depth of combat, strategy and tactical decision making of decent all in around an hour or less for stand alone games with longer campaign options available if someone wanted them. Thanks again everyone for the input!

michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
I've considered trying that, removing a few room cards (say 1 from each section) and see if it plays just as well, but is a shorter game. Haven't tried it yet though, if you do let us know how it goes.

-shnar

I've done this. Still took about 3 hours before I finally died.

What it does do is probably add a bit more longevity to the game, since the room you draw will be a bit more variable, as you don't play so many in your first few games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.