Subject: what is a good collective 1 build rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dario gonzalez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
i kind of want to go borg but i know its going to be just slauter like always if i do. i am thinking of putting a bunch of cheep useless upgrades on it so i have stuff the throw away when i use my resistance tokens. one rule we play with is borg can only use borg crew and captains.
i am thinking about useing the
borg cube 47
borg queen 6
borg armor 7
assimilation tubes 8
goval 1
bosus 2
feedback pulse 8
impulse overload 2
flagship indy fed 10

i am going to assimilate their upgrades maybe use the impulse overload to destroy one of their tec upgrades if not just use it for the borg token. and stay back and watch the borg token finish them off for me. goval and bosus are mainly to feed to borg token if i get targeted.
i kind of want to do a borg soong with another smaller ship but i do not know what to put on them since the borg cube takes upgrades the first ship will be fine the 2nd will be with out upgrades and a captain in no time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alton Todd
United States
Ramona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What worked well at all of our local OP1 events was a loaded out Borg Cube using the reinforcements sideboard resources. Make sure you include a Transwarp Conduit just in case you get into a tight spot.

The Borg Cube plus your blind should work well on taking out your opponent's ships after the BCT has it way with them and hopefully not with you. Plan on seeing and playing against this build at some point in your event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fishnjeeps fishnjeeps
msg tools
I just won a Collective OP1 last weekend with the borg. We play faction pure on each ship. This was my fleet:

Flagship Independant Romulan
Tactical Cube 138 (46)
Borg Queen (6)
Borg Assimilation Tubules (8)
Transwarp Conduit (6)
Cyrano Jones (3)
Seven of Nine (4)
Full Assault (6)
Total Points 89

I pulled the Romulan Blind ship as well, but it didn't really do much but soak up some hits. I don't remember everything it had but it equaled exactly 30 pts

The Idea was to short move on turn one and see where the cube went. On turn two if it came towards me I would transwarp behind my opponent and out of range of the borg token. The flagship gave me battlestations which came in handy on the last game where I was facing another cube. I was able to battlestations and target lock (queens ability) I went 2 and 1 and won the day. i did get the bonus battle points on my first two games which was the tipping point and gave me the win. I would say it's very important to get the bonus points here. Hope that helps a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kay
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
U.S.S. Voyager (30)
Flagship: Federation (10)
James T. Kirk (5)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Cheat Death (5)
Cheat Death (5)
Corbomite Maneuver (5)
B'elanna Torres (4)
Elizabeth Shelby (2)
Hikaru Sulu (3)
Tom Paris (4)
Ablative Generator (10)
Ablative Generator (10)
Transphasic Torpedoes (10)
Transphasic Torpedoes (10)
Total (119)

Fleet total: 119

Generated by Space Dock for iOS
http://spacedockapp.org

I flew this at a Collective OP1 event. Didn't win but took two complete victories. The one who beat me took first overall with Lore on a Borg Cube. I credit his victory to superior in-game decision-making and judicious use of Crosis with Goval. With better forethought into his build and tactics I could have won.

U.S.S. Enterprise-D (28)
Flagship: Independent (Klingon) (10)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Attack Pattern Delta (3)
Engage (3)
B'elanna Torres (4)
Dmitri Valtane (3)
Emergency Medical Hologram (2)
Advanced Weapon System (6)
Cloaking Device (9)
Concussive Charges (5)
Dorsal Weapons Array (4)
Quantum Torpedoes (6)
Total (89)

Fleet total: 89

Generated by Space Dock for iOS
http://spacedockapp.org

I flew this alongside the Vorta Vor as a blind draw at another venue. First two rounds I was fighting similar builds using Voyager and couldn't land hits, leading to a weenie-fest loss then win on upgrades stolen by the Borg. Third round I kited a newer player running a Dominion three ship fleet around the BCT, frequently denying actions and leaving him with just a bare battlecruiser when time was called.

In both cases the goal was to distribute as many useful upgrades to my ship as I had slots to use. The 120 point had a faction pure caveat to it but still is acceptable to me for general play, and I am a heavy proponent of mixed faction play.

Shelby is arguably mandatory if you expect Borg. She is disgustingly effective for her cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fishnjeeps wrote:
I just won a Collective OP1 last weekend with the borg. We play faction pure on each ship. This was my fleet:

Tactical Cube 138 (46)
Borg Queen (6)
Transwarp Conduit (6)
Cyrano Jones (3)
Seven of Nine (4)
Full Assault (6)
Total Points 89

I pulled the Romulan Blind ship as well, but it didn't really do much but soak up some hits. I don't remember everything it had but it equaled exactly 30 pts

The Idea was to short move on turn one and see where the cube went. On turn two if it came towards me I would transwarp behind my opponent and out of range of the borg token. The flagship gave me battlestations which came in handy on the last game where I was facing another cube. I was able to battlestations and target lock (queens ability) I went 2 and 1 and won the day. i did get the bonus battle points on my first two games which was the tipping point and gave me the win. I would say it's very important to get the bonus points here. Hope that helps a bit.

You got a win? Awesome! Congrats haha you and those darn tribbles

Did 7 of 9 do anything for you with this build? Just curious if that was 4 points you could have redirected, although with flagship allowing a TL and BS with the queen ability, perhaps 7 would have been helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fishnjeeps fishnjeeps
msg tools
stpitner wrote:
fishnjeeps wrote:

Tactical Cube 138 (46)
Borg Queen (6)
Transwarp Conduit (6)
Cyrano Jones (3)
Seven of Nine (4)
Full Assault (6)
Total Points 89

You got a win? Awesome! Congrats haha you and those darn tribbles

Did 7 of 9 do anything for you with this build? Just curious if that was 4 points you could have redirected, although with flagship allowing a TL and BS with the queen ability, perhaps 7 would have been helpful.

Yea I was quite surprised as I lost to AL pretty bad but the 2 extra battle points were what tipped me over. I never used seven of nine in any of my games and only on the last game against AL's borg did I need to use the Queens ability. That said, It was good to have seven as a backup but i just never needed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.