Popular Tags: [View All]
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please could I just clarify that I have understood the worker placement rules correctly. I was struggling a little bit with the terminology.

So let me give an example of how I have understood how to place my meeple:

So lets say we are in the first phase of round two, since round one is an exception. So all the 'tired' meeples are lying down still at their workstations from the end of round one. The player with his meeple left-most in the first occupied department (say Testing and Innovation), would stand his meeple up and pick an unoccupied workstation in another department. He can place his meeple in a department containing another meeple provided there is a free workstation, i.e. he cannot displace or share a space with any of the other 'tired' meeples or Sandra.

Have I understood this correctly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Incao
United States
Doylestown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct...

Don't forget that in a two player game you cannot go to a department where Sandra is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to watch my video overview, which isn't ready yet, but will be soon

Round 2 (or, more thematically speaking, the 2nd working day), you got it absolutely spot on. The worker wakes up, and then goes to find somewhere else to work. You move Sandra in exactly the same way.

On the second working day, she is moved last, because her desk in admin is at the end of the track. And if the very leftmost space is vacant, she moves there. Which means at the start of day 3, she chooses where to move first.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Paul - I look forward to your vid!
I spent longer going over the rules this morning, but I think like you said before its one of those games where ideally you'd see it being explained, read the rules, and it will all make sense.
Looking forward to more info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, so also to clarify, Sandra moves in the same way as the players - when she is the left-most unplaced meeple in the placement phase, she then follows her standard operating procedure and moves to the next empty workstation?

Thats good. I had assumed she always moved last, so that clears that one up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
Ah, so also to clarify, Sandra moves in the same way as the players - when she is the left-most unplaced meeple in the placement phase, she then follows her standard operating procedure and moves to the next empty workstation?

Yeah, she moves when it is her turn to move, just like the players. Unless I've been playing it wrong! wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. And similarly, since Phase 2 (the working phase) also occurs in left to right order on workstation alley, Sandra will assess the department that she's in when the turn order gets to her. Got it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Incao
United States
Doylestown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
malibu_babe_28 wrote:

Yeah, she moves when it is her turn to move, just like the players. Unless I've been playing it wrong! wow

You are correct Paul... I had no doubts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
Cool. And similarly, since Phase 2 (the working phase) also occurs in left to right order on workstation alley, Sandra will assess the department that she's in when the turn order gets to her. Got it!

Yep. Each day is two phases. In phase 1, the workers are placed but nothing else triggers. And then once they are all placed, phase 2 happens and they are activated from left to right.

Sounds like you got it all sorted. Shame you couldn't make Manorcon, as you could have got a demo game

I played it again over the weekend, and got 158 points, which I think was pretty high. It's the first game that I'd actually felt like I understood what was happening and I felt in control. Game sure has a learning curve, but well worth it if you like these kind of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Incao
United States
Doylestown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Game sure has a learning curve, but well worth it if you like these kind of games.

I couldn't agree with you more.... well worth the investment. Tremendous gaming experience once you know what is going on and what you need to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol, learning these rules seems a bit like climbing a mountain. I think I've got it, but it turns out it's a false summit and I need to go back and read again. All the time hoping for a great view from the top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
Lol, learning these rules seems a bit like climbing a mountain. I think I've got it, but it turns out it's a false summit and I need to go back and read again. All the time hoping for a great view from the top.

If you can wait a week, hoping to have the video done by then. That should help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol, but I am reading the rules noooooooooow .
Excited about Essen? Oh yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:

And you did see that great view one from the top. You got all rules perfectly right.

Kanban: How to Play List - Phase 1 - Department selection
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.