4 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Campaign mode Core Set + Mirkwood Saga rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan A
msg tools
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post.

I just played "Black Riders" Expansion and was thrilled by the campaign concept, so i decided to make my own campaign mode for the Core Set and the Mirkwood Saga to combine each adventure.

The biggest challenge was to find a way to reward the player after each adventure so they can heal their heroes or lower their threat count. But anyway here are the rules I thought of:

Quote:
Setup:

Each player choses 1-3 heroes and has to stick with them for the whole campaign.
The campaign card is placed to the side of the Quest Cards and will be resolved parallel to the Quest Card.

End of game:

- Do NOT reset your threat count.

- All the damage that is assigned to a hero it will stay there.
- If an hero is in the Discard Pile at the end of the game can't be used anymore unless they are revived.
- All other cards will be put back into your deck (except Unique Characters).

After the Adventure is finished the XP are calculated :

XP = ( Difficulty Level * (15/X )) + Victory points
X = Number of Players

Victory/Defeat

- If the players win the game they earn the full 100% of the XP.
- If they lose the players lower their threat by 5 points, but only earn only 50% of the XP.

Heal/Revive Heros

The players can revive the heroes that are placed in the Discard Pile at the end of the adventure. To do that the players have to pay double the Threat Cost of that Hero.

To heal heros the player has to pay 1 XP per damage.

Unique Characters:

Players can keep Unique Characters and use them in the next adventure. The costs to do so is 3 times the costs of that character.

Threat Count

The players can lower their threat count for 1 XP per threat point.

Buy new cards

The players can expand their card pool by buying more cards. The costs are:

- Heros: 2 times their Threat Cost
- other Cards: Cost + 2

The rest of the rules stays the same.

I know the calculation of the XP is not ideal but I can't think of a better alternative. I'll appreciate new ideas.

I hope that I soon have the time to translate the Cards (Campaign, Boon, Burden, Allys…) and upload them here.

Example for the campaign card Passage through Mirkwood

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schock
United States
White Hall
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why complicate things with XP rules? Why not just use the current campaign format?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan A
msg tools
Because I'm planning to span this campaign over all the adventures and this would be nearly impossible because of the rising threat count

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan A
msg tools
Sorry I totally forgot to mention that you do NOT reset your threat count after each adventure. I'll edit the First post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.