Revolution: The Dutch Revolt 1568-1648» Forums » Rules

Subject: Besieged cities questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Todd
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I know that units in besieged cities do not count towards province limit. Do they count when determining how many pieces you can place in a noncontrolled province in the new units phase? I have heard different things about whether or not cities even count for this, but assuming cities count, how about besieged cities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the V. 2.1 FAQ on the 'Geek:

Quote:
Q: What is meant with "number of pieces in the province" in rule 6.10 for the player who does not own the province card?

A: The total number of pieces in the country and towns, but not the cities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meta wrote:
I know that units in besieged cities do not count towards province limit. Do they count when determining how many pieces you can place in a noncontrolled province in the new units phase? I have heard different things about whether or not cities even count for this, but assuming cities count, how about besieged cities?

Besieged units DO NOT count towards the province limit during Conflict or Overflow, but they DO count towards the province limit during Neutrals.

Besieged units do not count towards the total faction presence in a province during the Movement Within Provinces phase, but they generate New Units, if the faction of the beseiged units controls the city (holds the card), and count towards the number of units that can be added to a province. The main restriction of units under siege is that they can not be moved out of the city and they can not be reinforced with new units into the besieged city.

(Last paragraph corrected based on 3rd sentence of 6.14)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.