Subject: Different enough from standard Carcassonne? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Lin
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Is this game different enough from the standard Carcassonne to be worth getting, quality of components aside?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
punkzip wrote:
Is this game different enough from the standard Carcassonne to be worth getting, quality of components aside?

Yes. Definitely. The tile laying rules are different, scoring a meeple the turn you place it is forbidden, wall placement limits tile placement, and the city guard is a new sort of meeple placement.

I personally feel its the definitive Carcasonne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this game is the best of the Carcassonne lot, strategically and visually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I agree it is probably the best version so far. And as the mechanics are very different from the standard game, it makes a perfect companion game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Moore
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the impression for some reason that this was just a deluxe version of Carcassonne. Now I have just bought and played it, i am glad I have as it is sufficiently different from Carcassonne to worth having both in my collection. Very enjoyable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this one so much I traded away the original and expansion.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Woo
Scotland
state:
running out of space...
flag msg tools
badge
Best of the bunch.

And possibly the only reason why I feel that buying all new versions was worth it after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
punkzip wrote:

Yes. Definitely. The tile laying rules are different, scoring a meeple the turn you place it is forbidden, wall placement limits tile placement, and the city guard is a new sort of meeple placement.

I personally feel its the definitive Carcasonne.

Can the rules set for "Carcassonne: The City" be adapted and used in original "Carcassonne", its expansions and the other "Carcassonne" spin-offs?

Since I got the distinct impression that the rules set for "Carcassonne: The City" was what helped make it the Definitive Carcassonne, I was wondering if its rules set could be cohesively applied and used in the other "Carcassonne" games to make them more definitive, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Can the rules set for "Carcassonne: The City" be adapted and used in original "Carcassonne", its expansions and the other "Carcassonne" spin-offs?

Since I got the distinct impression that the rules set for "Carcassonne: The City" was what helped make it the Definitive Carcassonne, I was wondering if its rules set could be cohesively applied and used in the other "Carcassonne" games to make them more definitive, too.

I'm going to have to say no. It could probably be done but would require a massive overhaul that likely isn't worth the effort. They are pretty different.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R T
Portugal
LX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Different enough from everything else i played in tile placing.
meeple The best of. meeple
I bought this one first and when i played the other, seems to me they are incomplete games.
I supose the Carcassone couldn't be played like the city, first, the market are scored as the number of tiles multiplied by the kinds, second the guards in the wall will get points from public and historical buildings. These will need mass tranformation and pieces to transform into the city.
It's easyer to buy it, and you will get a nice box, the full package and more important, lot's of fun...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.