Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there,

I am always looking for gamers in Minnesota. I live in Brainerd, formerly St Joseph, before that New London [Carnage Con, anyone?]. There is a group that I helped form which meets about every other Saturday in Paynesville, MN. The group has been meeting regularly since 2009, and I formed the nucleus some years before in 2001. The Brainerd group is smaller, but we attend each other's events frequently.

I know many individual gamers in the area, some of whom are inactive here on BGG. We also have a few gamers who aren't either on BGG or on the internet at all. There are several with whom I have made contact via BGG/email/Facebook though we have no organized structure or 'club' per se.

I am looking to link up with ALL types of table top gamers, especially in the north central MN area.

We invite all players to join our Paynesville Game Day and Brainerd Game Day events. And of course, to try to get the greater St Cloud/central MN area to be able to contact other gamers more easily.

Paynesville Game Day dates for 2019:

February 23
March 9 and 30
April 13 and 27
May 11 and 25
June 15 and 29
July 13 and 27
August 10 and 24***
***August 31 - previously scheduled date on August 24th has been cancelled and replaced with one on August 31st.

September 14 and 28
October 12 & 13 [2-day] and 26
November 9 and 23
-

Paynesville Area Center
1105 W Main St.
Paynesville, MN 56362

map: https://goo.gl/maps/uJhHm

NOTE: the start point for the map is Paddy's Game Shoppe, St Cloud; the interim point is Sneak Attack's Games in Waite Park. The terminus is our gaming location at the Paynesville Area Center in Paynesville, MN.

Brainerd Game Day dates for 2019:

February 23
March 16
April 20
May 18
June 1
16 November

Held in the large meeting room, they run from 9 AM - 4 PM.

Brainerd Public Library
416 S 5th St.
Brainerd, MN 56401

https://goo.gl/maps/9naJcZoYq2x
NOTE: the end point for the map is the BPL.

There is NO COST to use these facilities! A few simple common rules, that's all.

No electronic gaming please, these are intended for tabletop face-to-face games.
-----

Please contact me if you want to be added to the FB and/or email list or if you know of a group in the area/interested in forming one.

Thanks,

~Jim Millard
laviastrangiato[at]gmail[dot]com
_320_774_7051_c
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Rodriguez
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: St Cloud, MN area gamers?
Good morning Jim,

I am a player of all types of games (with a preference for wargames currently) living in Long Prairie. That puts me 45-50 min. out of St. Joseph and probably an hour from Paynesville.

I run monthly game nights at my house that focus on lighter fare, but also have some 1-on-1 wargame nights. I go about 4 times a year to the Boardgame Madness in the cities. I haven't made it to Con of the North yet (but have only been living in MN for 3 years; transplant from Miami, FL).

I'd be willing to head down your way (either to St. Jo or Paynesville) to game on occassion. Drop me a line via geekmail any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
St Cloud, MN area gamers
callidusx3 wrote:

I'd be willing to head down your way (either to St. Jo or Paynesville) to game on occassion. Drop me a line via geekmail any time.

Geek buddied & geekmailed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
St Cloud, MN area gamers - update.
There is a fairly new game store in Waite Park, MN; 'Sneak Attack's Games'.
Google map:
https://goo.gl/maps/jBVPV

Our group sporadically has Saturday Game Days there; generally from noon until 8[+].

It is primarily a Magic store, but when we have a Game Day it is open gaming, board/war games.

They don't have a website yet, but a Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sneak-Attacks-Games/669671403...

Another alternative for St Cloud area gamers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: St Cloud, MN area gamers!
Base post updated.

We now have a core of c. 50 gamers who attend our Game Day events in Paynesville, MN. Several of us meet weekly at friend's houses in the St Cloud/St Joseph area as well as Paddy's Game Shop [St Cloud] and Sneak Attack's Games [Waite Park].

Looking forward to hearing from more of you - there are only 6-7 here on BGG; need more!

~Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Keller
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: St Cloud, MN area gamers!
Got to love MN gamers coming together! If I get some time, I may have to stop in and check it out (live in the Big Lake area). Right now, my board game focus is on streaming board games live on Twitch. Love to have some locals stop on by on stream and get in on some viewer games!

Details in my profile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Lake, MN
EmperorBox wrote:
Got to love MN gamers coming together! If I get some time, I may have to stop in and check it out (live in the Big Lake area). Right now, my board game focus is on streaming board games live on Twitch.

Geekbuddied.

Feel free to email / call me!

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Holm
United States
Fruita
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there! I currently live in CO, but return to MN for several weeks during the summer months - I have a cabin close to South Haven.

I'm not really a war gamer,but love all types of games! I would love to be added to the list!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mitservices wrote:
Base post updated.

We now have a core of c. 50 gamers who attend our Game Day events in Paynesville, MN.

If you ever organized that many gamers and invaded the Twin Cities, we may have difficulty repelling your attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
callidusx3 wrote:
I haven't made it to Con of the North yet (but have only been living in MN for 3 years; transplant from Miami, FL).

Con of the North is a good time, a little something for everyone there. I've been attending for 7 or 8 years and have enjoyed it every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
mitservices wrote:
Base post updated.

We now have a core of c. 50 gamers who attend our Game Day events in Paynesville, MN.

If you ever organized that many gamers and invaded the Twin Cities, we may have difficulty repelling your attack.

And rallying against a common foe might unite us East Siders with those West Siders. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gholm: St Cloud, MN area gamers!
gholm wrote:
Hey there! I currently live in CO, but return to MN for several weeks during the summer months - I have a cabin close to South Haven.

I'm not really a war gamer,but love all types of games! I would love to be added to the list!!

Geekbuddied.

PM me your email address.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sataranji wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
mitservices wrote:
Base post updated.

And rallying against a common foe might unite us East Siders with those West Siders. shake

It would be the only time something like that would happen. surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
West Siders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This gave me the crazy idea of an all out East Side/West Side gaming brawl. I'm laughing just thinking about it with visions of West Side Story and Beat It dancing in my head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekimmel wrote:
This gave me the crazy idea of an all out East Side/West Side gaming brawl. I'm laughing just thinking about it with visions of West Side Story and Beat It dancing in my head.

Don't forget about the Outsiders.

It would be cool if a gaming brawl could become a reality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cainim Truax
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hello everyone,

My family and I have just moved to St. Cloud and I'm maybe looking for people to game with.

My wife and I are 40ish and mostly play Dominion and Ticket to Ride. Well,when we can,we have a 2 year old daughter that we lavish a lot of our time on.

Are there people in the area that enjoy these types of games? I am definitely open to learning new games as well.

I have some history with RPGs as well(Mainly D&D 3rd Edition, Deadlands and Unknown Armies)both as player and GM. Not terribly interested in RPGs these days but I could be persuaded otherwise.

I've played some CCGs as well(Deadlands(Doomtown), Warlord and Pez being the only one's I still have cards for). I have more than enough cards to play any of these with anyone interested.

I see the Library has a monthly game night I may check out and I saw somewhere that Paddy's has some boardgamers on Monday's. Anyone have information on these?

If anyone has any info or suggestions it is very welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Dittmann
United States
Perham
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I lived closer. But I have been to Paddys before. it is a nice place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cainim wrote:
...mostly play Dominion and Ticket to Ride...

Eurogames are the most common fare at our Paynesville Game Days. I am much more of a war gamer myself, but enjoy many different Euro's. Just not my forte.

Also, see above; the info for both the Paynesville Game Days and Sneak Attack's is current.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cainim Truax
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Sounds like some good options to check out. may I be added to the Paynesville Game Day list?

I look forward to meeting some new gamers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cainim wrote:
Sounds like some good options to check out. may I be added to the Paynesville Game Day list?

I look forward to meeting some new gamers!

PM'ed you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Brennan
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am also a St. Cloud board gamer looking to meet up with a group. I have a core group of friends I play with, but with marriages, school, etc. we don't get together enough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CardboardClover wrote:
I am also a St. Cloud board gamer looking to meet up with a group. I have a core group of friends I play with, but with marriages, school, etc. we don't get together enough!

PM'ed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tami Bredeson
United States
Alexandria
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello Henry,
If you are looking for additional gaming opportunities, we are starting a group in Alexandria. It will meet Sunday afternoons at Carlos Creek Winery. You are most welcome to attend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this area is so active with gaming and other related events I thought I would create a list where gamers, geeks, etc. can look for a quick overview of what is going on throughout the year and have a go to collection of all the local forums, links, etc. I think it will benefit both new and veteran BGG locals. Feel free to add items and comment.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/199117/twins-cities-event...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |