Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Central MN area gamers!
Base post updated; though we recently moved to Brainerd, I am still actively monitoring and updating both the Paynesville Game Day group on FB, the email list [which continues to grow], and Sneak Attack's open gaming schedule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeebers is da man
United States
Paynesville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still running a game in downtown St Cloud. Right now it's Reign of Winter. We have already finished Carrion Crown and Giantslayer, so this is a long term group.

I could use another player if anyone out there is interested. PM me for details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Royce
United States
St Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
I live in St. Cloud and would like to play with any wargamers in the area. Jim, I sent you a private message to that effect.
Anyone around here want to play Commands & Colors: Napoleonics?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Commands & Colors: Napoleonics!
proyce wrote:
I live in St. Cloud and would like to play with any wargamers in the area. Jim, I sent you a private message to that effect.
Anyone around here want to play Commands & Colors: Napoleonics?

I do! There are several others, namely Jim Mueller [Cold Spring, MN]; though he is not on BGG. Yet. devil

I will email him with your info as well - meanwhile, I Geekbuddied you and replied to your email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: St Cloud/central MN area gamers!
Base post updated with more current info, including the location of our Brainerd Game Day! primary gathering location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mitservices wrote:
Base post updated with more current info, including the location of our Brainerd Game Day! primary gathering location.

Feel free to add an item to this list with details.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/199117/twins-cities-event...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeebers is da man
United States
Paynesville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you be interested in an alternating game of either Dark Ages Vampire's Transylvania Chronicles or Pathfinder's Reign of Winter campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
mitservices wrote:

Feel free to add an item to this list with details.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/199117/twins-cities-event...

Chad,

Thanks for the tip; posted. Let me know if that is sufficient.

~Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Saint Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I'm a college science librarian! Ask me your questions, I'll try to find an answer.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Saint Cloud and would like to meet some more people to play with. I’m not a huge wargamer, or rather have never played one. I usually stick to Euros, but my group of friends prefer lighter games.

I’m Interested in joining a regular group, or hosting one. Also looking for some people who’d be interested in playing a Gloomhaven campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Haupert
United States
st. cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a group of gamers that meet twice a month at the Paynesville Senior Center. Several regular attendees are from the St. Cloud area. The next game day is Jan. 27th from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. You are welcome to attend, along with any of your friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sponaugle
United States
Canton
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're still looking, I popped over to "meetup.com" and found these boardgamers in the twin cities area.
https://tinyurl.com/y9s9lcfp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
meetup.com :thumbsdown:
Paul,
Thanks for the thought; a couple issues though:

1] no results found within 25 Miles of Brainerd, MN; St Cloud has a different group with plenty of folks;

2] the experience we've seen from meetup.com has been primarily of MEETUP, not so much GAMING.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Anyone still looking for a board game players? I’m fairly new to the hobby but wouldn’t mind getting some games in. I live in Sartell and am looking for fellow board game geeks.

A little background on myself, I’m 40 years old with a wife and three kids. I’ve dabbled in games all my life but only got into the hobby in the last year.

Hope to hear from fellow gamers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Deuel
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hello Mike, I'll send you a PM regarding gaming, and also welcome you to check out the Paynesville Gaming group, we meet at the Oaynesville Community center about every other Sat. 10-5 next scheduled days are July 28 and Aug 11.
Be glad to see you there.
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeebers is da man
United States
Paynesville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. If you are interested in a steady group, I am forming one using Facebook and then going to have a weekly get together. We play in Saint Cloud itself, downtown at my apt building if nobody else has a place to sit down at.

However, the group is for tabletop roleplaying games. Right now, the players are choosing between the different games I have available: Champions 5th edition, Vampire 20th anniversary edition (and the Dark Ages version), Pathfinder (with 10 different prewritten campaigns to choose from), and d20 Modern with a campaign based on an old anime called Robotech. Most of them have already picked out which Pathfinder campaigns they like.

Since we get together weekly for several hours at a time at the same locale each time, this is a great way to form and maintain friendships. It's also a very cheap hobby. Much more intellectually stimulating than videogames btw.

If you are interested, send a brief note on Facebook, search for jeebers76. I will send you a group invite, and you can fill out the 3 questions so I can get to know you. Lots of posts for you to read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Pesta
United States
St Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mike. I have gone to the Paynesville game days about 4 times I think. Nice group with a lot of different games to try. I find it hard to get to go there even though it is every other Saturday. I will try and send you a geek mail sometime to offer you a gaming session in St Cloud where I live. I’m really busy right now, but hope to game more soon. I have been in the hobby for 15 plus years. I’m 37 with wife and 2 kids.

It might be a few weeks or a few months. It would be fun to game with someone new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Thanks Shawn. I’ll keep an eye out and ear open for a future gaming session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark W
msg tools
mb
I'm heading to the Paynesville area this weekend for family stuff. Is anything going on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paynesville Game Days coming up.
Guurn wrote:
I'm heading to the Paynesville area this weekend for family stuff. Is anything going on?

Mark,

The currently scheduled Saturdays are July 28,
August 11 and August 25.

~Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all! What board gaming opportunities are there currently in the Brainerd/Baxter area? A friend of mine (not on BGG) lives there and is getting starting out in the hobby. He wants to meet people to play with and learn more about what games are out there.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orvenwolf wrote:
Hi all! What board gaming opportunities are there currently in the Brainerd/Baxter area? A friend of mine (not on BGG) lives there and is getting starting out in the hobby. He wants to meet people to play with and learn more about what games are out there.
Thanks!

We have a facebook group (Brainerd Lakes Board Game Society) they can join. We have an all day event coming up this Saturday at the Public Library where they can come out and meet anyone that attends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I pointed him to the FB group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brainerd MN area gamers!
We have two scheduled game days at the Brainerd public library through the rest of 2018.

Nov 24th
Dec 15th

Please bring your board games and come!

~Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Pesta
United States
St Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody go regularly to the Sneak Attack game store to play board games? Just wondering because I can't get to the Paynesville game days very much. And I am looking to get together on a regular basis with some people. That would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sneak Attack's Games
pestaside wrote:
Does anybody go regularly to the Sneak Attack game store to play board games? Just wondering because I can't get to the Paynesville game days very much. And I am looking to get together on a regular basis with some people. That would be nice.

Shawn,

Tom, Ed and Jim M. [the other] generally game there every Wednesday afternoon, c. noon - 5 [I believe]. email me for more info:

laviastrangiato@gmail.com

~Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |