John Morgan
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night I had Cap’n Cookie over for steaks on the grill and a little Treasure Fleet. Also aboard for the game was the lady pirate Cap’n Lauren and of course I, Cap’n Morgan, was in on the action.

The first game of the night was Cap’n Cookies very first game. However as a non-gamer he took to it quite quickly. He did suffer a bit of AP from time to time but he was scurvy free the whole night.

Cap’n Cookie played well and put me in quite a quandary more than once. One time I was stuck with a decision; I could reinforce fire on my ship, or firing to tie up another ship. But I realized that either way was a risk, one way or the other Cap’n Cookie was going to take two ships. But instead he tied me up getting a medium prize for himself and leaving Cap’n Morgan with nothing. But in the end it was Cap’n Lauren’s taking the governor that won her the game.

For the second game we played with storms. On the very first sailing, the courageous Cap’n Cookie loaded his ship with his board party, storm and only one cannon. He played the dummy hand card and his cards very well; taking two ships and almost thirty treasure points for himself.

But, this second game was a three-sided contest the whole way. Cap’n Cookie, spent most of is efforts thwarting good Cap’n Morgan’s plans. It was very close to the end. I was sure that I would get enough, in the last sailing to contend for first place. Alas the dummy boarding party came out and narrowed my options.

As I was the only player still holding a boarding party, I took the governor. Yet I still lost to Cap’n Lauren by a lousy three treasure points. Beware of lady pirates and the sea, either one can be a cruel mistress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.