United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
Don't touch me!!!
badge
Hi! How are you?!?
mbmbmbmbmb
Natalie, Tiffany, and I sat down to a game of San Juan while we were waiting for Jeremy to get off work.

Nat and I had both played the game a lot on BSW and face to face while Tiff was totally new to the game.

We did a quick rules explanation for Tiff, and away we went. My initial card draw was crap, so I decided to try for a Guild Hall strategy. Tiff opened her play with a Quarry, Library combo and put herself solidly in contention the rest of the game. Nat opened up with a silver mine, but then quickly went to a City Hall strategy with her prefacture and array of purple cards. I continued to play production buildings and pulled a Guild Hall which I held in reserve. The game was amazingly tight for a 3 player game. We all were able to continue building and doing basically what we wanted.

The game ended with us all within a couple of points of each other.

Nat - 31
Ryan - 30
Tiff - 28

Tiffany enjoyed the game and said she would like to play it again in the future. It will be nice to have another 2 player game we can play in the evenings. She had always passed on San Juan in the past because she doesn't care for Puerto Rico much. Nat requesting San Juan was probably the only way it was going to hit the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.