Pecking Order» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Fast Fun Strategic Bluffing Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Blaine
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Others have reviewed components, rules and so on in more detail, so I just want to highlight what I think is the real charm of this game.

Because cards are hidden until a challenge, and even then the challenger never reveals his card, this is essentially a strategic bluffing game. You can win the 10 perch with a '1' bird, if you time this right, or force an opponent to reveal his bird with such a throw away attack. The bluffing aspect can also make this a very fun game, given the right opponent.

The strategy comes from the very randomness of drawing cards. Since you don't control card order, you must carefully choose how best to play the cards you get. Do you try to control the high perches right away? Do you wait till later? Do you put a strong bird on there or merely a decoy? This will entirely depend on what cards you've already drawn and which of your opponent's cards you've seen, so this will change constantly, making each game different and greatly enhancing replay value.

The game is surprisingly varied, with many choices, especially as you try to outguess and out bluff your opponent. This makes it strong on interaction. It's extremely fast (maybe 5-10 minutes) but low on game depth, so it's perfect for in between other games. Quick, light fun. I give it 8/10.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.