United States
flag msg tools
ConnCon 2018 March 23, 24, 25 in Stamford, CT
The players ...

Paul (PaulHawkins): Lion
Joe (JoeLee): Urn
Mark (Csigs): Archer
Eric (HSeldon): Jackass

It was late at Alternate Boardgames and several guests had left, but Joe, Eric and I opted for a game of Tigris & Euphrates. And although he was planning to leave, Paul saw one of his favorites coming out and he just had to sit at the table too! He might have regretted the decision.

We went our four seperate ways at the beginning of the game. Joe opened in the northwest corner. Paul took the temple to the east where the two rivers merge while I took an aggressive stance in the center. Eric dropped into the north east hoping that any expansion from Paul would force conflict. Hardly anyone placed leaders in with other peoples' keeping the kingdoms unusually homogenous.

I quickly expanded eastward (gobbling up a few treasures on the way) and before long Eric, Paul and I were tangling at every turn. Things went badly for Paul, being inbetween Eric and I and he hardly ever kept his leaders (other than his Farmer) on the board. We joked that at the end we expected he'd have 20 victory points ... 19 in blue and one in another color. Eric didn't come out unscathed either as Paul did a good job of forcing his kingdom into two and weakening Eric's ability to regroup. I was doing well at fending off attacks and picking up the spoils of their battle.

Joe played unconventionally (for Joe) and kept himself in isolation in the 'north-west' corner of the board. Meanwhile, I was drawing mostly Markets, so I opted to play with my Trader entrenched firmly in the center where I could reach out and start external conflicts. My green draws continued and eventually I even had to pull my King off the board because I just wasn't drawing enough City tiles to defend him (I drew two the entire game)! Fortunately for me I grabbed enough treasures to make up the difference. I could tell Joe was close but green was a weak color for him ... and as the game wound down I saw him drop a Market and claim a treasure which had me nervous ... but I won out in the end!

My play was aggressive, maybe even to the point of being haphazard especially compared to Joe's solid definsive position. But since this game was fairly isolationist I think it favored my style ... and all the extra treasures it allowed me to acquire made up for my weaknesses.

I may be unoriginal, but T&E remains my favorite game.

Mark: 6
Joe: 5
Eric: 3
Paul: 2
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.